X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

for the BFD expert

I saw a big tutorial on the BFD, but can't remeber who had it...
    it seems there was a link to download test tones/signal sweeps too.

Anybody?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sonnie Parker is the BFD expert. You might search on his name. I'll mention to him to post here.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I sent an e-mail to Bob U. a week or so ago to buy a BFD, but haven't heard back from him. Anybody know if he's still around, or at the same E-mail address?

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dr C
        • Feb 2003

hi - try http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

Somebody ring?

Oh... I'm too late... sorry bout that. ops:

If you need any help with the BFD just holler loud and maybe I'll hear ya, although the guide should pretty much over do it for you.

Btw... I'm not really an expert. I just put all the pieces from experts together in one place. Of course with all I wrote and all the experience I had while verifying a lot of what I wrote, I did become acquainted with the BFD rather well. None the less I find myself referring back to the guide quiet often. Short memory (that's why I wrote it all down!) :roll:

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Bent
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2003

Thanks much for all your hard work.
            A friend of mine is having some snags with room accoustics and levels, he is using a set of Infinity speakers with their built in RABOS system - a single band parametric eq that helps to do the same thing as 1/10 of the BFD, but he was also interested in the test tones/signal sweeps that you have.
            I took the liberty of linking to your "FAQ" from another forum, He may be in touch with you. His name is John Golitsis.

I am using a PSB Century 2i (essentially and old Subsonic 6 sub) and am also thinking of using the BFD, there are some freq. in my rec-room that just seem to drone... and they actaully aren't Mrs. Bent's voice, LOL.
            I'm debating whether it would be worth it to add a 300 dollar CDN BFD to support a 300 dollar CDN (resale) sub...

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
              • Jan 2002

You are quiet welcome Mr. Bent! It was all actually fun when I was taking 6 months to do it. Now I look back and wonder sometimes if I was crazy.

The sinewaves are mostly 10 second tones with fade in and fade out to prevent possible popping. There are a few sweeps there for those with Spectra Plus or ETF software.

No problem on the linking as it's linked in several forums. I still get a bunch of e-mails in reference to the site or with questions.

The BFD is wondermous on those peaks... and with -48db and 24 filters to work with you can tame a huge mountain. $300CDN... ouch! US retail is only $130. (It may be more now... I have not verified this lately.)

Hey... you could tune in the same frequency and Mrs. Bent's voice and pump it up to cover up her yelling at you. That might get out of the sub frequency range though, I know it would with my wife. lol

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• rebop
                • Jun 2002

Hi folks,

Just noticed this thread. Actually, not here often any longer, but sionce my DVD player died last night, thought I'd come by and see what you folks were chatting about.

[comment removed by admin] Chris, I don't recall your email. I ALWAYS answer within a day, generally within an hour or less. Use rebop@well.com

[comment removed by admin]

-=Bob=-
                -=Bob=-

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Oh, hey, Bob! I couldn't get that E-mail to work with several tries. Just my luck, of course, that after all that time when I actually order one I can't get through to you. Oh well, my loss!

CHRIS
                  Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• rebop
                    • Jun 2002

How odd, Chris. I've had that email since 1986 and not much problem with it.

What's even more odd, it I just got email about replies to topics I have posted in here from months and months ago!!!

-=Bob=-
                    -=Bob=-

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

You will note some text removed from posts by me. We do not allow continuous promotion of any good by anyone that is not a current advertiser at HTG. In the future, please follow this guideline Rebop.

Reference to prior approved group by was also removed, as it's not active now, nor a valid reference.

thank you,
                      Admin
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"