X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

If you missed the deal on the Denon DVD-2900... here's another chance:

Denon DVD-2900 Refurbished

ecost.com and pcmall.com claim they will not receive any more of these units, however I called Denon and they stated they have more of these quality refurbished units that they will be shipping out to a few vendors in a couple of weeks.

I visited all of their refurb vendors on their site and called ClubMac to find out they will be receiving several of these units on October 10th and they only have 4 backorders pending as of my call. The salesman stated I would be safe with my order as he new they would receive at least 10 units (this is the minimum they will receive in) but possibly more.

I placed my order at $549 plus shipping but they offer a $30 rebate on the shipping so it actually only cost me $4.95 to ship.

I also purchased the 2 year extended warranty for $49.95.

So, hopefully I'm back in the door with a 2900. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Great investigative work Sonnie...you're tempting me :twisted:

Comment

• rlin
      • Aug 2003

In case you all do not already know, PCMall, Ecost, and ClubMac are ACTUALLY under the same corporation and shares the same warehouse. What's interesting is that only ECost offers FREE shipping over $50. However, PCMall and ClubMac offer mail-in rebate on many Denon products but not on ECost (I guess because ECost ships for free). I order my Denon DCM-4800 from ECost for $319 - $40 mail in rebate = $279 after rebate...so far it works like a charm. Gorgeous picture quality even though it does not use the Silican Image or Faroudja chip.

BTW if anyone's interested in a DVD player with Faroudja chip ECost has Denon DVD-910 for only $87.31 with free shipping - what an AWSOME deal and only 3 left as of now...grab while you can...

Robert

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

Got my 2900 in today... a little earlier than I expected. Looks brand new cosmetically.

I'll be testing it out over the next few days.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• leeda2
          • May 2003

besides construction and physical differences, anyone know of other performance related differences between the 2900 and 2200?

i'm wondering because for the price of the refurbed 2900, i can get a brand new 2200 which denon claims is fairly similar. any thoughts out there?

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

Gee... wish I'd kept the e-mail I got back from Denon when I e-mailed them about the differences. You could probably do the same and get the same response possibly.

I do remember the DAC's are better in the 2900.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• leeda2
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Sonnie Parker
              Gee... wish I'd kept the e-mail I got back from Denon when I e-mailed them about the differences. You could probably do the same and get the same response possibly.

I do remember the DAC's are better in the 2900.
              thanks, sonnie, for all the info. i guess it doesn't matter too much because i called clubmac this morning and they said the item had been discontinued. looks like i'll have to "settle" for a new 2200 because i cannot justify the additional $400 for a new 2900.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

Well the 2200 could end up being as good performance wise as the 2900 although Denon advertises their 3 new models as 2200/2900/5900. I can't imagine it being a considerably noticeable difference but you never know.

You can call Denon and they will tell you if they have anymore 2900's to send out to their refurb dealers and you can also check Denon's site and link to each of their refurb dealers and call each of them. One of those sites had the 2900's for 649$ including a 1 year warranty.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"