X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Umutyes
    • Mar 2015

Help on positioning my speakers

Hi

I am moving my house, the living room is rectengular, i attached a silly drawing.
    Facts are
    1) there has to be televion on one wall, front of television, there ıs a 3 people sofa and 2 people one
    2) television is 55inch
    3) room is 13 meters deep and 6 meters width
    4) other end of room, there ıs a L shaped sofa
    5) i do have denon 1610 avr, 5-1 speaker set, playstation 4, hd box
    6) i do have benq 1800+

I would like to watch tv , and i would like to put a 3d projector screen in the middile of room, 118 inch

Problem is
    How shall i position the speakers so that i can both use them perfectly while wacthin tv from 3 people sofa AND watching projection screen from other end L shape sofa.

Appreciate for any comment, idea or suggestions

Thanks
    umut
    Attached Files
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

In a word.......you can't do both and realistically get proper sound. You will have to mount the big screen so that it drops in front of your current TV if you want to use the same speakers for both. Also, you will have to make sure that the screen does not drop so far as to cover/block your main front speakers.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Umutyes
      • Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your advise.. what is your opinion on the viewing distance of a 300cm screen?

Thank you very much.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

I thought of one thing that you could do! If you don't mind a 4.1 speaker surround system, you could put the front main speakers on wheels and wheel them up to the screen when you use your projector. Far from ideal but it's doable! Obviously, you cannot 'wheel' a center channel speaker around effectively!

A 300cm screen (118 inches) is very big and the viewing distance would be very determined by the quality of your projector and the source material. I estimate you would have to be 10-15 feet away from it minimum with a hi-rez video projector and source.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• TEK
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

I' wondering if you are trying to archive something with your setup that you don't tell us directly?
          What about doors and windows? Where are they?

From what I have heard so far I would go for a solution where the screen comes down in front of the tv set.
          I would either used the left part of the room, having the tv placed as before. I would use the right part of the room as a "different area", maybe a relaxing area? Maybe divide the room in two sections?

Alternative you could turn the setup around and put the tv as well as the projector screen on the long wall. Many reports that they prefer that setup when having rectangular rooms like yours.

Having to move stuff around before for example watching something on the large screen is something I would call an anti-pattern. You will probably hatet it after doing it a number of times.
          An alternative is of course to set up your tv setup in one end of the room with a low-fi/cheep audio setup, and a full blown theater setup in the other part of the room. Maybe that is what you really want?
          -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"