X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thea-masta
    • Feb 2009

Returning member with new gear!!!

Hey all! Been a while since i was last on here been busy moving into my own place aswell as other things. But enough of that, Lets talk about some Home Audio? :T

After moving into my new place, it vastly improved my choices in the home audio market, but being on a budget after moving kinda restricts things.

I used to own an ollddd PYE Amp, it did the job, but nothing like todays gear.
    I've always longed to own an Onkyo system so i started browsing on the internet there wasnt much that took my eye, so i went into my local town about a month ago now, and took a stroll in the Sony store (weird i know) i had a look around and they had alott of gear in there! but nothing my wallet could afford, until i saw there selection (all of 3) Onkyo surround systems.
    I found one that not only looked the part and had the spec aswell, but it was going for a stupid price! £400 down from £799!

Its an Onkyo HT-R538 with the 5.1 speaker setup, and its hands down. the best thing iver ever brought..! I thought my last system sounded clear and pure, but this? its in a completely different league! The sound as it comes out of the factory is as good as live music, it hits all the highs, the mids and the lows, thanks to its Onkyo 120w pre amped subwoofer.
    Theres so many settings to be played with, making it ideal for setting up in awkward shaped/sized rooms.

Its capable of 'in 3 out 1' HDMI (ARC, 3D) , Dolby trueHD, HD surround for Blu-ray, and a music optimzer button, which from what i can tell has no function atall.

my fingers are getting a bit sore now, so ill leave it at that and upload some pictures and let the critics decide.

Thanks, jon.
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Is that a pair of DM110i's I see in your avatar? 8O If so, do you still have them? They were the first B&W's I have ever owned, cica 1987. And like my first girl friend, I still have fond memories of them. Would love to see some pictures.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I think this definitely deserves a banana. :banana:
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Thea-masta
        • Feb 2009

Yup still got the B&Ws Rebel, needs a new driver cone on one though, got a sliight split. i dont think there worthy enough to be posted on here lol.

What you think chris??
        _________
        Jon. opcorn:

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Why not? Banana away... :banana:
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Do it! Please. The mere fact that some still exist in the wild makes them worthy, battle scars and all. Are you the original owner? If so I will be doubly impressed. I only wished I kept mine. I had the black ash finish.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Thea-masta
              • Feb 2009

My dad was the original owner, passed them on to me. ill have to find a way of uploading pictures..
              _________
              Jon. opcorn:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"