X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meb46
    • Jul 2010

Reciever/Speaker Combination

Hello all,

I am looking at another system for a friend and I wanted to get some feedback as to the combination of a Denon AVR 3311 and Monitor Audio RX8 Speakers. I haven't heard the combination yet, but I am trying to determine the best possible option for a bit of H/T but primarily Music. I am quite impressed by the Denon Reciever, but I am just concerned about the base extension of the RX8 Speakers. The Denon is something I will get, but just need to find the best speaker set to go with it. Budget would be about $2500 USD at most, and have thus far considered B&W 683, B&W CM8, KEF iQ90, Monitor Audio RX8 or possibly the G20.

Can anyone comment on models above and give me some comparisons based on experience?

Typical music is vast.... but speakers targeted at Jazz music would be best.

Any comments appreciated
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I recommend Rotel Receivers and/or amps if your primary listening is to music and Jazz music at that in that price range!. More power, transparency and a more forward sounding amp than Denon products. Cost a little more but WAY worth it!. Your choice of speakers looks nice but I have no experience with them. Auditioning speakers is always a first step but after auditioning a number of speakers, choose the one that sounds best to you within your price range but be advised that it will sound very different in your listening room when you install them there. But, if they were the best sounding to your ears in the showroom then they will likely sound great as well in your room!. fiddle to death with speaker placement, toe in etc until you get the best sound. Speaker placement is HUGE in how they will perform in a room. Enjoy !
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• nhpm510
      • Sep 2006

Buy from someplace with a decent return policy that will allow you to try gear in your listening environment.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"