I'm not sure if this is a joke, but its certainly entertaining to watch:

- Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I personally laugh at the word 3D. Now, where IMAX or movie theatres are concerned, 3D has come a long way and the presentation can be profound. But where a 40-55 inch HDTV is concerned, 3D is laughable and the glasses are even MORE so !!. And the new one that does not need the glasses is even smaller!. Your not gonna' get a proper 3D effect from such a small pannel. I mean, you may get a bit of 3D out of it but not worth the effort in my opinion. You need a display the size of a wall to get a good 3D effect!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

madmac, Did you even see the video?

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Yes I saw it!! It's funny!. But....I just wanted to give my 2 cents worth of opinion about 3D technology...that's all.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Heheheeee.... funny video.

No thanks, though. If there's any seriousness to it, I'll pass in every way. When I say that I need 3D to be visible without any glasses, I really mean that I need it to be visible without ANY human device assistance--anything I wear, or affects me in any way. It needs to be the kind of thing that could be showing in a store window, and as I pass on the street, by happenstance, I can look in and see it in 3D. Then I'll buy it for my home as well.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
            Heheheeee.... funny video.

No thanks, though. If there's any seriousness to it, I'll pass in every way. When I say that I need 3D to be visible without any glasses, I really mean that I need it to be visible without ANY human device assistance--anything I wear, or affects me in any way. It needs to be the kind of thing that could be showing in a store window, and as I pass on the street, by happenstance, I can look in and see it in 3D. Then I'll buy it for my home as well.

And then a 3D car flys out the store window and causes 15 accidents.

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

If 3-D focused on giving us depth of field, rather than sending a "car fly[ing] out the store window", I'd be far more interested. I don't want to be "dodging" things flying at me, I want to see a more realistic depth (if I have to see 3-D at all--I'm perfectly fine with 2-D in my movie/TV watching).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

3D... meh !
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Well, just in case anyone's personal objection to 3D glasses is the STYLE, :wtf: (since our society is apparently so vain, that you need to "look cool" while you are watching TELEVISION, or in a dark movie theater) hip 3D glasses are now being made by Nautica and Calvin Klein:

From the nausea to eye-popping prices, 3-D technology has its share of real problems in transitioning from the big screen to the living room. But there's a naggingly superficial issue, too:
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• june
                    • Feb 2005

Hello All,

If everything could look like Avatar (2D), i'll be very happy. no 3D for me.
                    June
                    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ovation
                      If 3-D focused on giving us depth of field, rather than sending a "car fly[ing] out the store window", I'd be far more interested. I don't want to be "dodging" things flying at me, I want to see a more realistic depth (if I have to see 3-D at all--I'm perfectly fine with 2-D in my movie/TV watching).
                      Bingo. I want to feel immersed, not attacked by gimmickry.

And I also vote no on "proposition 3D with annoying and expensive glasses".
                      Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

LOL... that was gross. ha ha ha
                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by audioqueso
                          LOL... that was gross. ha ha ha
                          20 years from now we all have HUGE, BUFF eyelids :lol:
                          Jason

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

3D will not work until they can ensure that evry one can watch it

Read the last Widscreen review and see what they think of 3D
                            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"