X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AVPaul
    • Feb 2006

Want new SSP for BlueRay DVD support

I want to upgrade my Anthem AVM30 to a new SSP that supports the latest BlueRay codecs and HDMI support. My current system contains Anthem AVM30, Parasound Halo A51, & Paradigm Studio 100 v.3. I am looking for suggestions for a new SSP that's not going to break the bank - maybe under $2-3K.
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by AVPaul
    I want to upgrade my Anthem AVM30 to a new SSP that supports the latest BlueRay codecs and HDMI support. My current system contains Anthem AVM30, Parasound Halo A51, & Paradigm Studio 100 v.3. I am looking for suggestions for a new SSP that's not going to break the bank - maybe under $2-3K.
    Check out the new Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Anthem also has a new AV
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• whoaru99
      • Jul 2004

If you can live without the HDMI switching, a player with multichannel analog outs is always an option to extend the processor lifecycle. It's what I do using my AVM 20 and Panasonic BD55.
      There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, Denon just announced some stuff that kicks butt... I think there's some special 100th anniversary stuff or something from them too.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• AVPaul
          • Feb 2006

Chris,

I have considered using the analog inputs on the AVM30. I was thinking it may not sound that great. How did the sound change when you used the analog inputs?

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Paul- My setup sounds GREAT. I use my Denon HDMI reciever only as an outboard HDMI audio decoder, receiving HDMI 1.3 from my PS3, HD-DVD player, etc. It decodes everything and sends via analog multichannel outs to my main theater surround sound processor. I have not noticed any signal loss, noise, or compromise/constraints in the sound. However, I do still want to eventually get a high-end HDMI audio processor all in one unit, instead of passing through two, for true perfection.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"