X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrFeltersnatch
    • Oct 2013

SSP-600 Help?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to home audio. I pretty much know nothing. Please help.

I'm setting up a media room at my house. I'm not going to be staying in this house long.

So far for this room i have:

Epson 5030ub Projector
    SI BD Screen
    Apple TV
    DirecTV HD DVR

Id like to do a front speaker / center / subwoofer setup. no surrounds.

Right now i do not plan on having more sources, but maybe in the future adding some kind of gaming system.

I'm on a budget. i'd like to spend $1500 or so on whatever preamp/receiver i get.

I was looking at all kinds of receivers and im not sure whats awesome and what isnt.

I called a buddy of mine that has an SSP-600 that he replaced with the SSP-800 and he told me he would like to sell me the SSP-600.

So my question is, should I buy his 600 off him for $1500ish or find a newer receiver/processor that would be better that is within my cheap budget?

There is a local store that has a demo of the Anthem P5 Amplifier that said they would sell it for around 3k, and that might be what i would be hooking up to whatever i get.

So please, let me know what advice you have. Everyone i've talked to locally has told me to not buy the 600 because of missing hdmi switching. I'm not too worried about that.

Back when he had this SSP-600/anthem/paradigm signature 8 setup in his theater and it blew my mind how amazing it sounded, and that's why i think im so attached to the idea of this.

I also am looking for a great tower/center channel combo. I really like the paradigms, so maybe the studio 100's with the cc-690 center.

Feel free to ask any questions. I dont have too much money and would like to have an awesome system. And im all about quality used gear.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"