X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • its_bacon12
    • May 2008

Amp interference question

I know this might have been answered somewhere but I can't find it anywhere via search, maybe it's my keywords.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if amps with huge toroid transformers (example Behringer EP2500) throw off any sort of interference. I'm wondering because I don't know if it would be naive to stack amps/processors close to eachother and if it would cause issues.

Thanks in advance
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Toroid transformers radiate a lower magnetic field than E-I types. The Behringer amps employ wind tunnel cooling, so IMO stacking multiple amps may not pose a problem. Turntable, phono stages, preamps and processors are a different matter. They may experience hum pickup if situated close to any device with a substantial sized transformer of any type. You would want to leave several inches of space between amps and low level equipment.

Comment

• its_bacon12
      • May 2008

Ok..

Thanks - that's kind of what I thought.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"