X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrAcoustat
    • Mar 2010

Acoustat Owners

Hi my name is Andre Sevigny i live in Canada province of Quebec whe are a couple of friends that own Acoustats speakers and would like to communicate with other owners so please post pictures of your Acoutats Thanks

My system with Acoustat's 1+1s

Acoustat 1+1 with MrAcoustat

Acoustat Spectra 6600 with MrAcoustat

DIY audio rack with Chord amplifier & cd player

DIY audio rack

DIY audio rack with gear & mascot

Last edited by MrAcoustat; 23 October 2011, 14:38 Sunday.
    Chord CPM-2600 Integrated Amplifier
    Chord One Cd Player
    Acoustat 1+1s Modified Speakers
    Gabriel Gold Revelation2 Interconnects
    MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker cables

Acoustat Heaven On Earth
  • Sharp 1080
    • Dec 2009

Nice speakers!

Hi Andre,

I' think I've seen your name on the other forums in the past? I no longer have my Acoustats (2+2's with medallion transformers). I like the wood panels on the sides of the stat panels. It gives it an elegant appearance. Just for the record years ago I had to replace the right panel on the speaker due to an accidental bullet hole thru the panel.( very long story don't ask) The company I believe held on to the panel for years when I returned it to Florida for the replacement. It was their conversation piece to show customers! Yes the speaker still played with the 9mm hole thru it. 8O

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

GORGEOUS speakers, guys. I'm jealous.

Sharp, I have GOT to hear that bullet hole story sometime.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• MrAcoustat
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Sharp 1080
          Hi Andre,

I' think I've seen your name on the other forums in the past? I no longer have my Acoustats (2+2's with medallion transformers). I like the wood panels on the sides of the stat panels. It gives it an elegant appearance. Just for the record years ago I had to replace the right panel on the speaker due to an accidental bullet hole thru the panel.( very long story don't ask) The company I believe held on to the panel for years when I returned it to Florida for the replacement. It was their conversation piece to show customers! Yes the speaker still played with the 9mm hole thru it. 8O
          Hi Sharp, i read that story on another forum to and i beleive it is probably the only thing that could damage these speakers they are almost indestructible i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years 4 different models 1+1s - 2+2s - Spectra 22s - Spectra 33s - they all sounded good but my preference goes to the double stacked models there is something special with those panels up there, it's like the song ( love is in the air )
          Last edited by MrAcoustat; 30 July 2010, 09:16 Friday.
          Chord One Cd Player

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Comment

• debussyj
            • Sep 2010

Acoustat's Gotta Love Them!

Hi All,

Andre I absolutely love your Acoustats! I have a pair of 2+2's and wouldn't part with them for the world. I love the mods on yours! Who did it? Such talent! I remember when I bought mine in the 80's and didn't eat for a period of time! Well, they're paid for now!! LOL! My babies have their own dedicated room. Here's what I have them paired with: Two original Adcom GFA-555 amps (Pass design), Audible Illusions Modulus 3 Preamp, Revox B-225 CD player, Wadia music transport, PS Audio DAC (Cullen Mod). It's a fun little setup and I love changing tubes depending on my mood! Glad I found this forum! DebussyJ

Comment

• MrAcoustat
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by debussyj
              Hi All,

Andre I absolutely love your Acoustats! I have a pair of 2+2's and wouldn't part with them for the world. I love the mods on yours! Who did it? Such talent! I remember when I bought mine in the 80's and didn't eat for a period of time! Well, they're paid for now!! LOL! My babies have their own dedicated room. Here's what I have them paired with: Two original Adcom GFA-555 amps (Pass design), Audible Illusions Modulus 3 Preamp, Revox B-225 CD player, Wadia music transport, PS Audio DAC (Cullen Mod). It's a fun little setup and I love changing tubes depending on my mood! Glad I found this forum! DebussyJ
              Sorry for the late reply i belong to many forums and between lstening to music and my main forum Canuck Audio Mart i have been neglecting quite a few others my 1+1s are paired with a Chord CPM-2600 integrated amplifier and Chord One cd player it is a great combo here is a photo of my system.

Last edited by MrAcoustat; 23 October 2011, 14:46 Sunday.
              Chord One Cd Player

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Comment

• MrAcoustat
                • Mar 2010

New transformation for my Acoustat's 1+1s, new all steel frame new interfaces and new mods.

Last edited by MrAcoustat; 06 February 2011, 01:06 Sunday.
                Chord One Cd Player

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Comment

• stuofsci02
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009

I see you are still running the Chord.. Why do you want to sell?
                  Main System:
                  B&W 801D
                  Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                  Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                  Oppo BDP-105
                  Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                  B&W CM7
                  Emotiva UMC-1
                  Emotiva UPA-2
                  Oppo BDP-83SE
                  Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Fishy
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MrAcoustat
                    Bit off topic, but nice table of blades. :T I do like the one in the middle.

Fish

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Wow!
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"