X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Great price on Harmony One Remote

I was looking into upgrading my Harmony 676 remote to a Harmony One, and found the best price ($199) recently from Crutchfield...but they were sold out. Went back today, and not only are they in stock, but on sale for $20 less. With free ship and no tax, I had to go for it. Will be a nice little upgrade for the new year. :T
    Brad
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's a good deal Brad. Logitech's website has them for $169 but I didn't drill down far enough to see what shipping would cost. Let us know what you think about it after you've got it set up.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

I recieved one for Christmas. Up until then I had been using as many as 7 remotes. I was always apprehensive about getting a nice universal remote. I didn't think I could handle all the programming. Man, was I wrong. This thing is easy and kinda fun to setup. I think you'll like it.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Any one use the Harmony One with Classe SSP-800. It doesn't work very well!!!!
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by wettou
          Any one use the Harmony One with Classe SSP-800. It doesn't work very well!!!!

Have you tried getting some help here.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=967841

Comment

• legion1capone
            • Oct 2008

My girlfriend bought me a harmony one remote for christmas. She bought it on amazon.com for $200 and free shipping.But the $200 was for the remote and the controller for my ps3. Dang PS3 uses blue tooth wireless instead of infared like everything else so it needs teh adapter to convert the signal.
            I believe the price was around $150 with free shipping for just the remote. I love mine. It controls everything I own its great! I went from 5 remotes to 1.

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Received my Harmony One yesterday, and love it so far. It is very sleek and comfortable to handle...the color touch screen is definitely a nice step up from the more plain 676 that I was using previously. I love the fact that it recharges instead of burning through AAA batteries, too. The tactile feel of the keys is also a large improvement over the 676.

As for setting it up, I already had the software installed, and 'converted' my existing setup to the new remote. The existing Activities, Devices, and learned buttons all moved over...but it took a little longer to set up than I would have liked because you have to reassign the commands to the programmable buttons (those that appear on the touch screen). Not sure why it couldn't main those from one remote to the other, but at least I had the old one to refer to, so that I knew what buttons to assign. Another plus is that you can now view six commands at once in the window, as opposed to four.

Overall, a very nice upgrade!
              Brad

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Here's a weird thought...has anyone ever programmed their universal remote to operate a ceiling fan? I just installed a new fan as part of a kitchen remodel, and it has its own remote for fan speed, light, etc. Since it is in the same space as my system, I thought it might be useful to be able to operate it using the Harmony One... :lol:
                Brad

Comment

• chrispy35
                  • Feb 2004

My buddy uses his to control a Lutron dimmer. I don't see why controlling a ceiling fan wouldn't work provided it is also infrared controlled (unless of course it uses some wacky modulation that the Harmony is incapable of).

Chris P.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Sure... depending on the remote, you can automate and control any number of things. I use URC remotes to control my equipment, lighting, electric timers, ceiling fans, window shades, cameras, etc. Soon hope to add thermostats to that list as well.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Briz vegas
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Would the US Harmony One work in Australia with 240 v.

They charge $500 aussie or $460 US at our logitech on line store. At that price they can............keep it.
                      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Blindamood
                        Here's a weird thought...has anyone ever programmed their universal remote to operate a ceiling fan? I just installed a new fan as part of a kitchen remodel, and it has its own remote for fan speed, light, etc. Since it is in the same space as my system, I thought it might be useful to be able to operate it using the Harmony One... :lol:
                        Chris has taken it further than I ever have, but in my old theater room, I had the universal controlling the ceiling fan and the lighting as well as the electronics.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Blindamood
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
                          Chris has taken it further than I ever have, but in my old theater room, I had the universal controlling the ceiling fan and the lighting as well as the electronics.
                          Cool. Did they have any of those predefined, or was it all manual programming?
                          Brad

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

With my URC remotes, most items are in a pre-definied database that I just pull from. After that, I can customize the remotes however I want, with layouts, colors, graphics, sounds, timers, delays, etc. Every now and then, I can't find a pre-programmed code that I need, so I just learn it off the parent remote that's being replaced.
                            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"