X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scruffy57
    • Dec 2009

Help placing speakers

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some help placing speakers in my awkward shaped living room. I just purchased a tx-sr607 receiver. I have pinnacle gold aero gels front speakers, pinnacle gold center channel, and pinnacle gold reference for surround. I cannot fit the reference in the living room. I also cannot move furniture (per wife's strict instructions). I am mainly interested in a 5.1 channel set up for right now. I would also like to hear ideas for 7.1 as well.

Ceiling in the living area is vaulted.

Thanks for the help
    Attached Files
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hello scruffy57, Welcome to the Guide!

I hope you don't think we are unwilling to help but, you (or should I say your wife) have tied our hands. If you are unable to move the furniture, it will not be possible to even come close to decent speaker positioning.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Come up with an excuse to swap the TV and loveseat and we can try again!
      Danish

Comment

• scruffy57
        • Dec 2009

Thanks. If I could swap the loveseat and tv, what would be my best options for speaker placement? I am not opposed to satellite for surround either.

Thanks again

Comment

• scarpi
          • Jul 2008

I also would swap the loveseat with the tv. Then you would put your L R speakers next to the tv with the center either on top of the tv (if crt type) or on a shelf right below the tv (if lcd, plasma). For a 5.1 system the sub could go to the left of the L front speaker (along the wall) and the surrounds could be mounted on the walls to the sides of the couch about three feet above ear level when seated. That should sound good but also remember to buy a sound level meter (Radio Shack analog type) to balance your speaker levels. Have fun! :T

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Yep, sounds good for a start...
            Danish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"