X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jordo
    • Aug 2008

7.2/9.2 pre/pro

anyone know of one at a decent price currently on market or coming our soon? I know Onkyo is coming with some new recievers with 7.2 and 9.2, but I would want just a stand alone pre/pro, any ideas? pref less than $2000 and with thx ultra2 processing
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Onkyo/integra also is releasing similarly empowered prepros.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

What's your thinking about the .2? No format (or processing for that matter) outputs two discrete subwoofer channels. Are you just wanting to hook up two subs, without using a y-cable from one output?
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

The .2 outputs on the Onkyo/Integras permit independent settings for delay/level even though the signals going in are the same. This is not possible with a Y-cable.

Also, if you use the SVS or Audyssey sub EQs, independent EQ is possible.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Huh... is that something that really ends up being useful? I find doing all the settings on the sub itself works well. My current pre/pro has 2 sub outs, but I don't use different settings on the pre/pro for the two.

That reminds me, I need to do sub EQ wizard for my subs in my new setup, using my BFD.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
            Huh... is that something that really ends up being useful? I find doing all the settings on the sub itself works well.
            Really? Can you set delay on the sub? The value of this feature depends, of course, on the setup and the rest of your system. It is very useful for some of us.

My current pre/pro has 2 sub outs, but I don't use different settings on the pre/pro for the two.
            Are your subs co-located? If so, individual settings are not needed. Otherwise, they are.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Jordo
              • Aug 2008

In the future I am thinking of either having 2 separate subs, or sub/buttkickers, just make wiring easier i guess

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Kal--absolutely right, that I think the most useful feature that you'd get by putting it in an AVR and not on the subs themselves is the delay. (would be weird to put that on the sub) Now, given the length of waves that subwoofer frequencies produce, I think you'd have to have a significant difference in two subwoofers to have different delays. You're absolutely right, that for precision and for some setups, having all subwoofer parameters in the AVR and not on the physical sub would be optimal for some setups.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"