X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyrees68
    • Aug 2009

Suggestions all in one, or better somethings

Hi everyone my first post :E .Glad to be here and sounds like a good place to be. This is quiet a big question but hey start off big my father told me so here goes.
    Ok i hope you have seen my kit list at the bottom and i was just wondering that if i changed my Arcam Processor and power amps with something like a top end Yamaha 3900 receiver would i get a better AV experience, or should i keep the amps and get a new processor or even change the amps for a dedicated 5.1 power amp or change the whole blooming lot I love my Sonus Faber speakers and want to keep them. Iam very happy with my AV/Music sound at the moment but upgrade fever is beginning to itch the scratch and as you might know my components are getting old now.
    So i just thought id throw it out there and get some advice /opinions on anything that might float my boat.
    Regards Tony
    Sonus Faber Concertinos Fronts & Rears/Domus Centre/ Arcam AVP700/DV79/Alpha10 power amps.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Tony. Welcome (again).

If you are happy with the sound overall but want better processing, the 3900 would fill the bill, especially if you used it only as a controller and fed its signal(s) to your current power amps. FWIW, I'm not exactly un-biased here. I'm the happy and long-time owner of a Yamaha RX-V1 as the centerpiece of my theater system.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"