Any affordable weatherproof sets out there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Any affordable weatherproof sets out there?

I'm looking to put a weatherproof hdtv on my patio. I'm looking for a 32" to 37"(maybe 42", but I probably can't afford that). Any ideas?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Dec 2000

I'm only aware of one current weatherproof HDTV out there, and it was available in the range of sizes that you mention. I saw it at CEDIA, and was very interested in it, but don't remember the details. I seem to remember that it was a 3rd-party company that made a modified version of another manufacturer's OEM product, and that it was weatherproof.

Me living in Alaska, I even asked about extreme weather, and they had solutions, such as a mini-heater that kept the internal componentry from freezing in arctic climates.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

There's a actually a few companies making them, but they cost about 3-4 times as much as an equivalent normal TV. Here's one company:

Sun Brite TV's

Unless it's not covered by a roof or along the outside perimeter, you would be better off buying a cheap one and replacing it every 2-3 years.

Kevin D.

Comment

• maseline_98
        • Apr 2005

I wonder if I would be able to just enclose it in plexiglass or something...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
        Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"