X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Upgrade Choice? Marantz 8003 vs Classe SSP 300

I currently have a 1056 and am looking to upgrade to a dedicated processor..budget is $2000 CAD. Torn between the Classe SSP-300 and the Marantz 8003..Music 20% and HT 80%

My Current set up;

Rotel 1056
    Emotiva XPA-5
    Rotel 1060 (Oppo BDP-83 is on order)
    B&W 604 S3 series
    SVS PC 13 Ultra
    Pure AV PF-60
    Cat Cables
    Apple Tv

Thanks
    Last edited by Armbender; 14 April 2009, 14:50 Tuesday.
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

i have a deal on an 8003 but havent heard any comments..

i see some in the Classe section stating the 300 out performs the new BluRay formats...

i have no opportunity on testing either Processor which is my downfall
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Check out the AV8003 owner thread over at AVS. Good luck though... it's like 80 pages long!
      Are they in the same price range? (I never looked at Classe)
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• 1oldguy
        • Dec 2008

Just finished looking at the 8003.It seems to be quite the rig.It list's for 3150.00 on the site.Of course that's in Canadian dollars.
        A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Armbender
          • Jul 2005

i was lookin at a used purchase..i have found both units for roughly the same price...My home theatre guy out here was trying to steer me away from the Marantz saying it was a big step down from the Rotel...he didnt comment on the classe but tried to push Denon on me...Im just not a Denon person

thanks for the direction to the thread

Comment

• 1oldguy
            • Dec 2008

I am kind of in the same boat as yourself.I have my speakers but need a dedicated pre .I was thinking of ssp 300 as well.I would like to keep my options open but I do admit I seem to like the 8003.
            A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Armbender
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by 1oldguy
              I am kind of in the same boat as yourself.I have my speakers but need a dedicated pre .I was thinking of ssp 300 as well.I would like to keep my options open but I do admit I seem to like the 8003.
              it definately has a lot of bells and whistles..surprisingly it weighs less than the much smaller ssp 300..

hopefully someone can tune in that has tried both processors...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"