X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Wireless Surround Speakers

Anyone have firsthand experience with wireless surround speakers? Are there any worth a hoot or is it a waste of money/time to consider them?

Asking for a friend with "wiring challenges".
  • Blktre
    • Apr 2008

Altho Ive never heard or tried wireless speakers, ive read that KEF makes some decent ones. You can either buy the wireless speakers or they also offer an add-on to current surrounds....Id most likely stay away from box store type wireless speakers as ive also heard people having problems with them. The KEF 5000 series is offered as wireless.

Comment

• deaddowney
      • Aug 2008

I have the KEF transmitter with back surround speakers. I can't really recommend them. 2 issues
      #1: There seems to be a minimal volume threshold that needs to be met before they kick in. Below that threshold you get this "fluttering" audio effect, where the sound will cut in and out (the sounds above the threshold will be in and the sounds below the threshold will be out). Very annoying.

#2: Once in a while I'll get really loud random pops, regardless of the volume or what's playing. Not as annoying but a little disconcerting.

If you can string some wires around, I would definitely do it rather than futz with these expensive but ultimately unsatisfying transmitters.

Comment

• Blktre
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by deaddowney
        I have the KEF transmitter with back surround speakers. I can't really recommend them. 2 issues
        #1: There seems to be a minimal volume threshold that needs to be met before they kick in. Below that threshold you get this "fluttering" audio effect, where the sound will cut in and out (the sounds above the threshold will be in and the sounds below the threshold will be out). Very annoying.

#2: Once in a while I'll get really loud random pops, regardless of the volume or what's playing. Not as annoying but a little disconcerting.

If you can string some wires around, I would definitely do it rather than futz with these expensive but ultimately unsatisfying transmitters.
        Good to know. I wont recommend them any longer.

Comment

• Gump
          • Sep 2005

Thanks! Appreciate the input.
          I'll pass on the info...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"