X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Maybe a Receiver?

I'm thinking about maybe purchasing a cheaper used or new receiver to use until I can get my UMC-1. I want it to have 2 HDMI ports that can take LPCM from my HTPC. Also should be able to pass 1080p. I'm not sure if the Pioneer VSX-1016TX would work? But I found one for like 150 bucks.
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

I'm also anxiously waiting for the new pre/pros from Emotiva. I have a Yamaha v661 which is pretty good. In fact, if it wasn't for the new pre/pros, I wouldn't be replacing it anytime soon. Not sure if it's value priced though as it's only 1 generation old.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The Pioneer site says it will pass 1080p.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Yeah it looks like it should do what you want... $150 seems like a great price too.

Is there a dedicated thread or anything for the UMC-1 yet?
        -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

There is over at the Emotiva forums. They are waiting on the Cirrus chips which apparently a lot of companies are waiting on them. Right now they are saying late summer/fall for the release date. I went ahead and preordered one hopefully the wife doesn't kill me

So your saying the 1016TX will accept the TrueHD/DTS-HD MA through PCM over HDMI? Thats how my HTPC will be outputting it.

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

heh don't quote me on that... you have to "register" to download the manual from pioneer, but yeah it looks like it will do what you're saying.
            -Chuck

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"