X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krips
    • Sep 2007

Downcovert from HDMI -> Component?

Is this possible? All of my video goes through component except for my HTPC, which is via HDMI. It's annoying switching between them all of the time...
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Don't think I've seen anything that will go from HDMI to component. There are lots of receivers that will upconvert Component to HDMI if your TV has HDMI.

Comment

• littlesaint
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by krips
      Is this possible? All of my video goes through component except for my HTPC, which is via HDMI. It's annoying switching between them all of the time...
      Technically possible, but I'm pretty sure this would be an HDCP violation. Most CEs will not bypass it.
      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Search for something called an HD Fury. It converts HDMI to Component so you could then feed the HDMI into your component input on the receiver. Does your computers video card not have a component out dongle?

Comment

• krips
          • Sep 2007

No, it's dual DVI. I'm using a DVI-->HDMI cable right now, and my integrated graphics have both VGA and HDMI ports. It looks like that HD Fury is an adapter. Would it be better to use an adapter or get a cable that does DVI --> Component? Or would my receiver convert DVI to component?
          Sharp LC-42D64U
          TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• cxc21
            • Mar 2008

HDfury and a transcoder

Comment

• Rolyasm
              • Dec 2004

Here is a reciever that will do it for you. The Sherwood Newcastle R872.

I was actually just trying to research the upconversion ability of it, comparing it to the Onkyo's. I will post it so feel free to respond. Thanks.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

The HD fury is a transcoder. It converts from HDMI to Component and it removes HDCP.

Comment

• krips
                  • Sep 2007

Hmm. I'm not sure how much the HDFury costs, but that receiver is definitly out of my price range. I was hoping to spend maybe $50, $100 max. Thanks though.
                  Sharp LC-42D64U
                  TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"