X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krips
    • Sep 2007

HTPC Audio --> Receiver?

I'm wondering how to get the audio from my HTPC to my receiver. RCA cables don't seem to fit in the jack located at the back of my PC (the green one). If I was to get an Asus Xonar soundcard, or something similar, would that solve this issue? Thx.
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Depending on your soundcard you should be able to use a digital coax or optical cable to send a digital signal to the receiver to decode.

If you want to use the analog jacks on the PC however all you need is cables (or adapters) from "Mini-Jacks" on the PC to normal RCA cables like pictured below

Doug at forum Sponsor Cat Cables would probably be happy to build you some good quality custom ones as well
    Jason

Comment

• krips
      • Sep 2007

Excellent. After looking around a little, I've found a decent looking 3.5mm stereo --> dual rca adapter for a good price. Thanks for your help.
      Sharp LC-42D64U
      TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"