X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krips
    • Sep 2007

Can't get HDMI output to work...

On my Pioneer VSX-1017 TXV with my new Sharp 42D64U. I ditched the component cable I was running before and picked up a HDMI 1.3 cable. I have it hooked up to the 'out' HDMI port on my receiver, and one of the inlet ports on the TV. I tried selecting the appropriate input on the TV. I still get no picture.
    None of the components I have are HDMI capable. Does my receiver not transfer other types of signals to HDMI? Or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

A lot of receivers will not send a signal out of a different type out than received. Usually S-video , component and HDMI come out of the receiver the same . That has begun to change in the last year or so. Onkyo has a few that will upscale all inputs to a HDMI output. I believe Denon does , as well. I wasn't able to find this info on yours with a quick google search , but that may well be the problem.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• krips
      • Sep 2007

I see. So I really need to have a cable running to the TV to match every type of cable I have running to the receiver then. *tears*
      Well, at least I know now. Thanks for the response.
      Sharp LC-42D64U
      TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Not so fast! I just found this http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...-1017TXV-K.pdf

Looks like it will convert all inputs to component out. The cnet review seems to back up the inability to convert to HDMI , but it looks like a nice receiver. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12760_7-9674077-5.html
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"