how ares Sub woofers connected to 2 channel amps?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

how ares Sub woofers connected to 2 channel amps?

are 2 channel amps capable of sub woofers and if so how would u connect them, just curios on how its done on 2 channel..
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

depending on what features the amp or the sub has, many different options exist. ideal way is to take the L+R pre-out and hook them up to the sub L+R inputs.

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

o ok lol I just never owned a sub before.. thanks...

Comment

• jack667
        • Jul 2007

Yes pre-out from your amp, into the inputs of your sub.

Set the level you want on the sub, then it will increase in volume as you control your amp!
        B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• pbarach
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jack667
          Yes pre-out from your amp, into the inputs of your sub.

Set the level you want on the sub, then it will increase in volume as you control your amp!
          This may not always work well, since your main speakers will be trying to duplicate the low frequencies that are also going to your sub. There are better solutions, depending on your equipment. Some subs have line-level inputs and outputs which take a full-range signal from your preamp, filter out the lows, and send the highs back to your amplifier.

Alternatively, you can buy an external box that does this. Paradigm makes one--I bought it used on ebay and it does a great job. I think it's model X-20 or x-30 or something like that; it's not expensive.

Finally, there are some two channel amps and receivers that have subwoofer outputs--Outlaw makes such a receiver, and I think B&K makes a preamp that does this. I'm sure there are others.

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

You can also run your IC from R+L out from you pre into the R+L input on the sub AND then IC from the R+L out on the sub to the amplifier. This case you are essentially using the Sub to filter the frequencies back to the amp which then goes to your mains.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Hi,

Moving this one to the Home Theatre area as not B&W specfic

Geoff

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

FMOD inline crossovers available from forum sponsor Parts Express will provide the frequencies needed to incorporate a sub into a 2-channel system. They are inexpensive, available in both high pass and low pass versions and an assortment of frequency ranges.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Fred333
                  • Oct 2007

I was about to suggest crossovers. You beat me to it.
                  Always looking for a Scranton Web Design company.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"