X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Behringer PEQ 2200 any good ?

I see that a lot of guys are using the Behringer 1124p for its parametric equalization for subwoofers.

I just saw the Behringer PEQ2200 which is a parametric equalizer without the feedback destroyer.

Is the 2200 a better option than the 1124p ?

The 2200 can be bought in Oz for $99, the 1124p for $149, not a big difference but why pay for something with functions not needed?

Anyone know the ad / disadvantages of each unit?

Pete
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Analog parametrics are impossible to set without using test equipment for every setting. The little knobs are so small and the slightest move can make a big change in a setting. This means they're a real pain to use. And someone wiping dust off the front panel, can easily change the settings and not know it.

With the 1124P you see the frequency, the bandwidth, and the +/- gain all in the digital readout. And you get many more bands of EQ, and multiple banks of EQ settings. This means you can have one set of 10 filters for music and a completely different set for HT.

Look here for more info....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• bleeding ears
      • Nov 2004

Thanks Thomas, I have much to learn.

Without your links and all the efforts you have made with the web site etc
      it would probably all be too difficult to both find the right info and understand it all.

While im at it, could you recommend a unit to Eq the 2 mains, would it be another 1124p ? could you forsee any problems using it with the mains?

Thanks keep up you great work, im sure it is appreciated by many. :T

Pete

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

For a 2 channel setup if you want to EQ both a sub and the mains, get one Behringer DEQ2496 it was designed and built to be a high sound quality fullrange EQ.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• spyboy
          • Jun 2005

Thanks Thomas:

I may get a 2496. The links are very helpful.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"