X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FAKAMADA
    • Jun 2011

Behringer DSP1124P as a crossover

Hi. Guys. It's my first post here.

I've seen a lot members on this forum using DSP1124P as EQ. Is it possible to use it as crossover. Does it have in it's PEQ Low pass filters ?

DEQ2496 that I use on my mains (as a DAC and EQ) has that kind of filters (HPF, LPF). Is it the same with DSP1124P ?
    Last edited by FAKAMADA; 23 June 2011, 08:38 Thursday.
  • FAKAMADA
    • Jun 2011

Anybody ? I need this info ASAP but can't find anywhere. There's an auction with 1124P that ends today. Please help.

Comment

• Johnloudb
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2007

Hi, It doesn't have a crossover from what I can tell.
      John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• baniels
        • Nov 2006

Not sure this is the device for you. Some more searching might find more. hometheatershack is sort of a hotbed for REW and the BFD's.

•L&R Build•
        •Sub Build•

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by FAKAMADA
          Anybody ? I need this info ASAP but can't find anywhere. There's an auction with 1124P that ends today. Please help.
          Let the auction end unless you need a low buck EQ for a subwoofer.

The sonics of the 1124 aren't nearly as good as the DEQ2496.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• FAKAMADA
            • Jun 2011

Not good. I want to avoid using plate amp and trying to find a crossover soultion. Preferably with boost.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Not good. I want to avoid using plate amp and trying to find a crossover soultion. Preferably with boost.
              Get a CX3400 crossover, use your DEQ for boost

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• FAKAMADA
                • Jun 2011

Well, I could use DEQ to equalize SUB, but then I'm also equalizing bass on main speakers....

Comment

• chasw98
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Hi. Guys. It's my first post here.

I've seen a lot members on this forum using DSP1124P as EQ. Is it possible to use it as crossover. Does it have in it's PEQ Low pass filters ?

DEQ2496 that I use on my mains (as a DAC and EQ) has that kind of filters (HPF, LPF). Is it the same with DSP1124P ?
                  The DSP1124 would be a terrible crossover even if you took the time to figure out how to set up the filters. The DEQ is not much better. The shelving filters in it are meant for shaping the sound, not for variable slopes at specific frequencies.

Listen to ThomasW, the sonics of a DSP1124 are OK for a subwoofer but not really for anything above say 100 Hz. I would have to say almost everyone around here started with one of those and then moved on to other low frequency eq devices as time went on. Still they do work. With a lot of patience, a copy of REW software and a calibrated mic to measure response you can tune a sub pretty decently. You can even do it with a plain old Radio Shack sound level meter if you work at it.

I have a DSP1124P sitting around (I collect crossovers and parametric EQ's) that I will let you have very cheap. PM if you are interested.

Or look into Rane and Symetrix parametric EQ's for tuning the sub and the Behringer crossover (which has a sub output!) Tom recommended.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"