X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

ES channels...how close/how far ?

My upgrades to new surround speakers (RS28a/RS225) courtesy HT Guide, leave me wondering how far apart to put the ES (back) surrounds.

The sides will be (of course) to the sides of my couch, the tweeters will be 57" above the floor.All (surround) speakers will be wall mounted.

The back wall is 14' wide.The sofa is 5' from the back wall.Murphies law put a door on that 14' wall also.

So, close together or farther apart. I may just leave them unmounted and run some demo's also, just to see.

This will be my first experience with 7.1, wondering how different from 6.1 ?

Thanx guys
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

kg, I also have a 14' wide room. I read more than one recommendation or calculation while I was designing my theater that the rear 2 speakers be put close together. I spread them just a bit, and now I think they're about 4.5 feet apart, if I remember right. Works great--I wanted more separation between those two channels when they're playing discrete information.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"