X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moochie
    • Feb 2006

Need advise on center channel height

Hello, my room is 20 by 20, going with someones 40 to 50" TV mounted on the wall. Just curious on how high the center channel should be? and what is a good viewing height for the tv?

Thanks,
    Moochie
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Moochie, if you don't have a perforated projection screen that allows you to put the center channel in the middle of the screen, you're going to want to put the center channel either directly on top of or directly below your TV. Mount the center of the TV to be slightly higher than your eye level when sitting watching, perhaps the bottom of the TV level with your eyes. Then do whichever makes more sense for your center channel.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• moochie
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the response that's how I will set system up, with center channel under TV.

Thanks again,
      Chuck

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by moochie
        Hello, my room is 20 by 20, going with someones 40 to 50" TV mounted on the wall. Just curious on how high the center channel should be? and what is a good viewing height for the tv?

Thanks,
        Moochie

In this install, mounting above sounded much better.Keeping the display at eye level is very important.I like it (the center channel) above, as long as the display is low enough.

I gotta get a digital camrea too.I took that shot with my camcorder.
        Attached Files
        Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I have my center channel sitting on a stand, below the projection screen, and pointed with it tilting 15 degrees upward. Here a site I refer people to for fundamental tips:

Dolby setup

Peace, blessings, and Seasons Greetings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"