X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fev1969
    • Nov 2006

ARV-7300 and DVD-47

Hi, I'm a newbie with a couple questions........I'll start off with saying HT stuff is not my thing it's all fairly new to be but I'm shopping for a good HT set up and have my eye on a couple of components. I have a Sony XBR40" CRT TV and love it I've had it for 2 years with no problems at all....now I want to add some thing to it. Two of the components are the HK ARV-7300 and the HK dvd-47. One of my questions is, am I wasting my $$ with the dvd-47 since the AVR already has the upscaling? any thoughts on either models would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Welcome to HTGuide Fev196 :welcome:

It seems that the HK 7300 upconverts through high-resolution component video and even though it uses Faroudja image processing, however the resolution probably only upconverts to 480p through component.

The HK DVD47 DVD (HDMI cable included, I believe) player upscales the signal to 720p/1080i via HDMI, which provides significant video improvement.

Therefore, yes it is worth the money to purchase both of these components, IMHO.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"