Receivers & Amplifiers: High Frequency Response, why when speakers can't handle it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

Receivers & Amplifiers: High Frequency Response, why when speakers can't handle it?

Hi,

Im trying to understand the workings of an amplifier in view to building my own.

I've been using the Rotel RMB-1095 as an example, which has a frequency response of 15Hz - 100kHz, Why would you need such a high responce? When take for instance the B&W 800 Series as a benchmark which the top of the range B&W 800D has a responce of 32Hz - 28kHz.

I am aware that subwoofers do go upto the 100kHz range, but for a normal speaker having a power amp capiable of going upto 100kHz, whats the point?

The amplifier which I am building has a range from 15Hz to 60kHz, Going off speaker specifications this covers them all.

Comments welcome

Cheers

Nick
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

I am aware that subwoofers do go upto the 100kHz range
    OK, that's confusing. Most subs should not and don't go over 200-300 Hz, much less into the kHz area.

I'd assume you meant tweeters, but as you also say, most tweeters won't even break 25 kHz. So what did you mean?

BB

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"