X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BW4me
    • Nov 2005

Looking for advice on surrounds set up

I'm looking for some advice on my 5.1 set up. I have the B&W CDM7NT's with the matching center channel up front but am not sure what I should use for the rears. I have no rear wall that is close enough so I'm considering CCM65/CCM80 in the ceiling, or using a spot on the rear (about 3ft back) side walls for the dipole DS6 S3 or the M-1 mini monitors.

My problem is this: I have a vaulted ceiling going up and away from the front. This would make the ceiling speakers about 11 ft away from the main viewing position. My other option is about 7 ft up on a location on the side wall. Speakers on floor stands is not an option either.

I'm not really familiar with what the advantages or disadvantages would be with either position as it relates to movies, so I really need your expert advice.

Thanks for the help,

Steve
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

In ceiling or the in walls will work just fine. As long as they are even with or behind the listening position you can calibrate everything else to work at the receiver. Go with ever is going to be the easiest to install. Retro fitting inwalls and inceiling speakers can be a pain. Wathc out for power wires! It would really suck to cut out a perfect hole in the wall for your dipoles, and then have a bunch of 120 power wires there!
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"