X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smjc99
    • Mar 2006

HDMI Cables

I am going to use HDMI from DVD to Processor and from processor to my DLP TV. I want to get a good HDMI connection. Is there something that someone would recommend . I am not an audio or videophile but want to get something that will send a pristine audio and video signal between Anthem D2 and my HP DLP TV

Any suggestions? my dealer suggested tributaries basic HDMI cable not their silver HDMI cable

Thanks
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

We just started using the Tributaries stuff, and I am happy with it. I think you will be fine with it. We also used some Python cables in an install that were cool. I dont know who made them...I think Extron or something?

Just look for something with a decent connector that wont fall out

My question is are you using any other HDMI sources? If not, save some money and skip passing it through the D2. Just my .02

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

Good question but nothing to do with the Club B&W so (in line with the posting guidelines) I am moving this to the Home Theater area where it will get a good audience

Geoff

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

Be careful which HDMI cable you choose with the Anthem D2 scaler. If your display is 1080p (like mine), and you also want to pass 8 ch of 96/24 audio (PCM) from the new HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players, alot of "regular" HDMI cables won't work.

My Monoprice and RAM HDMI cables were ok at 1080i, but no signal at 1080p with 8 ch of audio 96/24 PCM. The only cable working for me was the Ultralink HD Pro HDMI cable. It's 1/3 of the price of the Monster one, but it was able to pass 1080p and 8 ch of audio (PCM).
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
          If not, save some money and skip passing it through the D2. Just my .02
          The new D2 is using the latest Gennum VXP chip to perform true inverse-telecine and per-pixel motion adaptive scaling for 480i AND 1080i sources. It's better then 95% of the external and dedicated scalers out there. So he definitely wants to pass everything though the D2.

I was able to compare the D2 scaler to the DVDO IScan VP30 and latest Lumagen, and the Gennum scaler of the D2 was better, particularly with a true 1080i source, be it film base or video material.

Not your usual run-of-the-mill pre/pro or receiver video processing using the "old" Faroudja 23xx or Sil504 chips here.
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"