X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nclay
    • Mar 2006

samsung slim fit 30"

Thinking about getting one for bedroom... anyone owned one?
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

They were great at first, then around Christmas we started getting about a 80% return rate
    a few always had some weird quirks with the picture but i just dismissed that as new tech not being refined....but then it got ridiculous!
    their atsc tuners are unusable, i have personally taken three in a row out of the box
    and all were crap, different sources, signal amps- dont matter
    if that wernt enough the pictures tend to bow in 4:3 and now it seems they arnt shielding there speakers so you can imagine the crap we deal with- considering this is the norm then there are the wones that break too 8O

if you must get a slim fit get the lg slim fit, its speakers all have bucking magnets and they even include a degaussing button
    some bowing on 4:3 but the tuner works A+ and i havent seen one return

who knows where these are being built for samsung but it seems they arnt being built to spec
    Last edited by Clive; 15 April 2006, 04:48 Saturday. Reason: Language content

Comment

• nclay
      • Mar 2006

Thanks peterS... i think i will go for the lg slimfit, if im paying 700 for a 30" with a totally unusable high def tuner thats not gonna work out for me because that built in tuner is a great feature since im right in sacramento, with a few channels available on an indoor antenna. So its the lg for me! I have another question... do you have a reccomendation as far as antennas go?(must be indoor or "clampable" to a gaurd rail)

Comment

• peterS
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

unfortunatly its trial and error on the antena... too many variables

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"