X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FiberOptic142
    • Feb 2005

Slim CRT's whats the word ?

LG/Samsung are coming out with a "Slim CRT." Release date I hear is Spring 2005. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Web postings show a 30 inch, widescreen, HD model. I wonder how big they will go. I'm in the market of a HDTV and was looking at a SONY 51" RPTV. I'm not sure if that's what I want to go with just yet. Plasma is still a bit much for my budget. Anyone have any ideas............Please let me know. Thanks
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

This is a "reduced depth" standard CRT. The more interesting CRT development is SED (see the sticky thread at the top of this subforum).

What are your priorities and price range (i.e. black level, colorimetry, pixel visibility)?

BB

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

I doubt the Direct-View CRTs will ever hit the market with a size bigger than 36-38. The biggest I've seen is a Loewe model, beautiful picture quality and the smoothest movements on screens. They're really expensive for a CRT tube, the diagonal screen size is 38 in., but the thing is about 300lbs. Besides direct-view CRTs, you have Rear-projected and front projected, both implementations results with a heavy and bulky box.

Like what Brandon asked, what's your budget and what picture quality are your priorities? There's no perfect display yet, so give up trying to find one. There's going to be pros and cons for every technology and method of projection.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"