X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

12 Volt Trigger Cable

Guys, I walked into several HiFi shops and then Maplin here in London. NObody seems to sells any 12V trigger cables! what's going on? what cables are you using? and can I buy it somewhere online? :??
    • Nov 2005

HI bogey,
    LOL! Sorry, I don't mean to make fun. It's just that I went through exactly the same confusion several weeks ago. When I found the answer, I felt pretty dumb. You have saved my self image. Thanks. :T

It would really help if the equipment manufacturers would tell us what we need to know. I'm experienced in electronics and I suspected the answer but there are about a jillion (US units ) connectors available that differ only slightly. It can be disasterous to try the wrong connector.

Go to Radio Shack and ask for an audio cable with 1/8 inch mono plugs on both ends. It's a standard cable but the Radio Shack folks did not know what I was talking about when I asked for a "Trigger Cable". In case you don't have Radio Shack available to you I will try to find a link for your reference.

Found it.

I am using the exact cable that is shown in the link and it works fine. I think the industry has standardized on this connector. Makes sense. They are cheap and available.

Sparky

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Thanks Karma! I got many hobbies or points of interest and there is simply no way to know all the small print. ;lx Of course I felt dumb myself! :wedgie:

It's just scary that nobody in 4 HiFi shops knew about it. They sent me to Maplin (RadioShack equivalent here in the UK). At Maplin the guy did a computer search for "Trigger Cable" but couldnt find anything, so he sent me home :evil:

I remembered reading about mono cables before, but if one doesn't know how it looks like, one doesn't know. :roll:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"