X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasiCEvil
    • Feb 2006

New here.....Need some help.

Hello all. I've been lurking for a bit now and I like all the knowledge that I see here.

I grew up in electronics stores and my dad has always had some of the nicer equipment for me to toy around with as he was a repairman for a bit, so he always had toys laying around for me to play with.

Now that I am at the stage of putting my own HT system together, I have spent countless hours reading up on all the equipment out there. My current system is a JBL SCS135 that made the transition with me from my mom's house to my new condo, but I am looking to replace it. For viewing purposes, I invested in the Optoma H31. I got the projector mounted and up and running on Monday and I love it. The only thing that I do not like is the sounds coming from my speakers. I NEED AN UPGRADE!

Looking for a little assistance with choosing what would work best for me.

I currently live in a 6 floor condo building. The building has poured concrete floors and walls. The room that I have my HT in is 13.5 by 20. Concrete painted walls and tiled floors. The whole condo is pretty live right now, but I look to control that very shortly with some rugs to breakup all the echo.

So far, I have come to the conclusion that I want to stay in the "budget" category with this being my first major HT. I have read a lot about what Ed Frias has done with the BIC DV62CLR speakers and I am about 85% sure that will be my front-stage. I am VERY interested in a DIY sub for some good rumble. I listen to music and watch movies equally, so the sub would have to be pretty versatile. 50%music, 50% movies. My rear surrounds are ADS ceiling mounted with directional tweets.

Looking for some suggestions on a DIY sub mainly. Can you help a brotha out?

I want some deep and very present bass!
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Check out the DIY forum. There are several threads about DIY subwoofers, including several recent ones based on the SS RL-p15 driver.
    Danish

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"