X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onedown
    • Jan 2006

suggested center speaker for energy pro 22 system

My front speakers are energy pro 22 circa early 80's and i'm looking to purchase a center speaker preferable from same company. On ebay their is an energy encore center speaker i'm wondering would this be to small a center to go with the front speakers. Any thoughts on the subject would be appeciated.
  • JKalman
    • Nov 2005

This is a B&W specialty club forum. Perhaps you would be better off posting this in a more generalized forum like Home Theatre since this is not a B&W specific topic?

Here is a link: Home Theatre

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Onedown,

I have mived this to the right forum...

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Onedown,

What about this center on audiogon?

Energy Center

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Hard to say with 20+ year old speakers. Your best bet is likely to go find a local Energy dealer and:

-Ask their opinion.

-Listen to their current lines and decide for yourself which is the closest match. Obviously a home audition in this case would be the best route if the dealer allows for it.

Warning, when listening to new speakers you may be temted to get new mains as well and move those pro22's to surround duty :twisted:
          Jason

Comment

• locomk
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by onedown
            My front speakers are energy pro 22 circa early 80's and i'm looking to purchase a center speaker preferable from same company. On ebay their is an energy encore center speaker i'm wondering would this be to small a center to go with the front speakers. Any thoughts on the subject would be appeciated.
            Hi, i currently have the Energy encore surround system. the center is very directional and unless your sitting directly in front, or slight to left or right, it tends to lose it's definition. I sold Energy Products for four years and know their product lines very well. go for the "cc1" or cc3" center channel. it's part of their Connoisseur line. those two centers give lots of presence and tend to disperse sound well. I also have the energy veritas surround system, and the V2.0 center is amazing. i use the encore for my bedroom system and it's great in a small room. if you want to use your pro22's in a large room, than the bigger center will really do your system right. I know energy's Sensitivity has changed greaty over the years, so you will most likely have to do tweeking with channel levels in your receiver or controller to get the best matched levels and tone.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"