Teething Issues - Cable Management and Jumping Sub!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsodmike
    • Dec 2005

Teething Issues - Cable Management and Jumping Sub!

Hiyas,

Season's greetings and a Happy New Year!

I've just found this community and thought I'd start off by asking a few questions. Right now my HT setup consists of a 42" Plasma, Denon AVR-3805, Denon DVD-3910, B&W (for all) 602 S3 (front), LCD600 (centre), and 601 S3 (surround) -5.1 config + ASW675 subwoofer.

I have quite a few 'sources' hooking into the AV receiver and that's working well.

The first issue is that if I drive my subwoofer hard, and I'm pretty sure it is over 85dB, it has so much 'power' it tries to jump off the floor haha, ok I may be kidding here but I found that if I were to apply weight from above on the cabinet the sounds of it 'rattling' go away. It ain't exactly rattling per say, just 'creaking' sounds maybe. Do any of you guys have this?

Anyways I've toned it down to a much more 'enjoyable' level and it is fine.

As I'm still testing my HT and haven't even got my surrounds installed - the cabling is temporary...yes a temporary rats nest!

My HT 'rack' has a 4" section at the back, along which I can route alot of these cables hiding them from view and improving the management aspect of things. This bit is shown fairly clearly below:

Since that shot I've added a 'middle' divider and along this I can route/hide the wire running to the centre speaker no problem.

So my question is simply, where can I get something that'll stick on this and I personally prefer something velcro based. I don't want to just use the first thing I come across as I really don't want to ruin this HT rack...

The management harness should also allow for expandability. Advice and comments will be greatly appreciated.

--Mike
    Home Theatre: Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7Ghz - Connected to an Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch widescreen and a LG 42" Plasma TV | Denon AVR-3805 7.1 AV Receiver | Denon DVD-3910 DVD Player (Multi-Region + Denon Link 3rd Edition) | Rotel RB1080 (2x 200W) | Rotel RB1070 (2x130W, true bi-amping for centre) | Bowers & Wilkins LCR600 (center), DM602 S3 with 2x 3m Nordhost Solar Winds (fronts), DM601 S3 (surround), ASW675 (subwoofer) & QED cabling
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"