X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armand
    • Nov 2005

Control Preamp

Hi guys. Since your advice on the Seas H1212 turned out so well in my audio system, (one of the smoothest tweeters I think I've ever heard), I figured I've found a good forum for advice on all things audio.

My HT system is not quite as advanced or satisfying as my audio system. I have a Sony 36XBR which I currently use as the preamp out of convenience. The power amp is an Adcom 535 60Wx2 channel amp driving Energy C-3's full range. The sub is a modest Boston Acoustics CR400 which uses an 8" driver and a dedicated 75 watt amp.

I'd like to slowly build up the audio end so that it is in place by the time I upgrade to High-Def. (I like what I see in the Sony 50" SXRD).

What I hear right now is the TV preamp not really driving the Adcom (I'm using Y-adapter to also drive the sub which I'm sure has alot to do with the lack of volume) so I guess my question is, should I look at control preamps or scratch the Adcom and get a high power multi-channel amp? Thanks.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"