X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewbert
    • Aug 2005

Two speakers for center?

I was wondering how it would sound? Just use two bookshelves in place of the center. So Im sure Im not the first one to think of it, so who has done it? How did you like it?
    -Drew
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I thought I read something on this somewhere and that it wasn't a good idea. But maybe I'm just imagining things. I'm no expert on speakers so I'm sure someone else here is knowledgable on this subject.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• rav934
      • Dec 2005

I compared a B&W LRC600 center speaker to two B&W DM601s (same drivers in each). I did not like the two speaker approach.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Two many problems with getting two speakers to sync properly. There's no reason you can't use one bookshelf in place of a purpose built horizontal centre speaker though
        Jason

Comment

• Paul H
          • Feb 2004

Two speakers will result in 'comb filtering', especially of the higher frequencies. The sound waves from the tweeters will overlap and interfere with each other resulting in some frequencies being cancelled and some reinforced (increased).

This will result in an uneven and likely unclear sound.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"