X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwgwin
    • Dec 2005

HD Tuner for PC

Anyone dabbled in running their off the air HD through a card in their PC? I see ATI has a "THeater 550" card that looks like it would work. I figure that way, I can just record onto my hard drive and save myself from buying a DVR. Just curious if it works well and if you need a powerhouse PC (or video card) to make it worthwhile. I have an AMD 1.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (128MB). Local shops dont seem to carry them so Im stuck buying from ebay where I cant return...just wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I believe the Hauppage (sp?) card is considered the top product in this category. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    Jason

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Hauppage is the best, the processor might be a little bit slow...but it should still be decent enough. I recommend a 2.4Ghz min, usually.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yeah but an AMD 1.8 is like a Pentium 3.0 :lol:
        Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by aud19
          Yeah but an AMD 1.8 is like a Pentium 3.0 :lol:
          No... not really. An AMD 1.8Ghz is not like a Pentium 3Ghz for straight encoding required by video or audio compressing. AMD will excel Intel is in 3D applications. For this, you might want more power.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"