X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobM
    • Nov 2005

in-ceiling surround recommendations

My first post. Glad to be here. I searched the forum but didn't see what I was really looking for. In general I see that in-ceiling's are not recommended, but I fear I may have no choice.

We're rebuilding our home and trying to figure out how we are going to lay out the den. Too many options and no decision until we play with the furniture lay-out.

But the walls are open now and I plan on running some speaker wire in the possible rear/surround speaker locations. The wife would like these speakers to be unobtrusive, so in-ceiling's are a real possibility for the surround's.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank and still sound decent for home theatre? My multichannel home theatre setup is decidedly mid-market (Kenwood 6.1 receiver/processor, Sony carousel DVD, etc.) so I'm not looking at the high-end here.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Most of the larger quality speaker manufacurers have in wall/celing speakers available. Try B&W, Energy, Paradigm, PSB etc
    Jason

Comment

• ekkoville
      • Aug 2004

It is tough to get a lot of listening and demos with in-ceiling speakers, but I just had a listen to some Speakercraft inwall and in-ceiling stuff and it is very good. Best of all they have three or so differen lines of them to fit the budget. I saw them at a Magnolia Home Theater in Best Buy.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"