X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitch57
    • Nov 2004

Screen Dropout on Direct TV...

I have Direct TV and am using a Tivo HR10-250 HD DVR connected to my Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma TV via HDMI. Somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes(I haven't timed it yet) after turning on the TV and the DVR the screen goes black for about 2 to 3 seconds and then returns to normal. During this 2 to 3 second screen black out I still hear sound. I have only seen this black screen apear once during each viewing session. In other words, I don't see it happen the rest of the time that I am watching TV until I turn the TV off and put the DVR in standby.

I have also checked the DVR to see if the resolution changes on the DVR (i.e., indicator LEDs switching from 480i/480p/720p/1080i). It remains constant at whatever I have it set at. I currently have it set for either 720p or 1080i.

Initially I thought it was isolated to HD channels but today I saw it happen on a SD station. Direct TV claims they know nothing about this and have not seen it before. I am suspecitng that the problem is most likely in the DVR and the way it's communicating with the HDMI connection. I am using an Accoustic Research HDMI cable.

Anyone else ever experience this strange behavior?
    Mitch
    :stupidpc:
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"