X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masters2010
    • Nov 2005

Upgrading

A few weeks ago, my dad gave me his set up which he never used anymore. This consisted of:
    A pair of Spendor Ls3/5a speakers
    Meitner Audio STR-50 Amp
    Lazarus Cascade Basic Preamp
    Some crappy 30 dollar cyberhome dvd player

Now my question was, I'm interested in making this set up a little bit better. Do these components work well together or would you suggest something else to go with the speakers. Would a subwoofer be a good addition to the speakers?

Also, if I were upgrade speakers, what would the next level be? I was thinking about the B & W xt4's. Also, I searched for the B & W xt2 on the site and didn't come up with any results, anyone have experience with them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Patrick W.
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Hi Patrick, thanks for posting. What direction would you like to go with this upgrade? 2 channel or Multi-channel >(Home heater)?
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Masters2010
      • Nov 2005

Sorry, but I decided to post this thread in the audio hideout because I figured that would be a better place, so more information is there about what I want to do (I'm not really sure )

Comment

• Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

That's okay :T
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"