X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markmm
    • Nov 2005

5 Mono Blocks or One 5-Channel>

Been trying to find some thoughts behind this, and haven't heard a clear answer or opinion really.

I'm looking at:

Outlaw 990 + 5 2200's or
    Outlaw 990 + (wait for new 5 channel)
    Rotel 1069 + 1095

Pro's I've heard is seperate transformer etc per channel,

Con's cabling, and smaller power supply.

Thanks for your thoughts!
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I will actually provide another option, the Rotel 1077 digital amp. I am unaware of the Rotel 1069 (1068?). I would also have logistic considerations with the monoblocks.
    The best thing to do is to take a listen, before you invest. I am sure others will chime in.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Well depending on whether you prefer Outlaw or Rotel's "sound" I would think if you have the space and money, not to mention the appropriate power capabilities in your home, that the 5 monoblocks should offer better performance. At least 5 Outlaw monoblocks should outperform an Outlaw 5-ch amp IMO. Whether it outperforms a 1095 or 5 Rotel monoblocks would have to be compared IMO though 3 monoblocks for your mains/centre and a 2ch amp for your surrounds would be plenty.
      Jason

Comment

• Markmm
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Azeke
        I will actually provide another option, the Rotel 1077 digital amp. I am unaware of the Rotel 1069 (1068?). I would also have logistic considerations with the monoblocks.
        The best thing to do is to take a listen, before you invest. I am sure others will chime in.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke
        Thanks. Yeah, sorry, meant the 1068. Listening would be a great idea, however that's not really an option with Outlaw products.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"