X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewbert
    • Aug 2005

Monster amps.... are they any good?

I know monster is way over priced... but I work at a place that will help me out 8) Anyway... I was wondering what you thought of them, I have not checked on the price yet... but the AVS 2000, sells for $1500, and I get it for $500.... so IF that works with the amps it might not be too bad. Plus I love the way they look.
    Thoughts?
    -Drew
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I've only ever heard of one review, it was favorable towards them. Said it was very powerful and detail, little bit on the brighter side if I remember correctly.

All in all a solid amp for the price, but again... I believe he said there were other amps in the price range that performed better.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by PewterTA
      I've only ever heard of one review, it was favorable towards them. Said it was very powerful and detail, little bit on the brighter side if I remember correctly.

All in all a solid amp for the price, but again... I believe he said there were other amps in the price range that performed better.
      But at 1/3 the price......

In otherwords, they're not the best but they're decent and for the price you can get them for, can you afford to be overly picky...? Only you can decide that
      Jason

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Hey, all of monster stuff is 1 and 2/3 more expensive... that name is made of pure GOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDD. lol
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Drewbert
          • Aug 2005

well..... its looking like used Halo stuff...... Rotel, B&K or the Monster amps... never ends does it
          -Drew

Comment

• dortiz
            • Mar 2005

Funny thing having that much money...you can pay people to make you a good product. Some may not like the name but in the end they bought themselves some nice amps. If you got a deal on one take it they are very good.
            Last edited by dortiz; 05 October 2005, 17:48 Wednesday. Reason: spelling...doh

Comment

• Blazar
              • Feb 2004

buy it and try and resell it on audiogon for a higher price....

don't buy monster on principle alone.
              Blazar!
              (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

might wanna be careful about trying to resale it.. I've seen alot of people putting Monsters on a strike lately, so it may be hard to resale it.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

Here is one review, that I found, doesn't seem to provide much substance though:

Monster Amps

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Drewbert
                    • Aug 2005

old thread bumping......

Prices I have seen.....
                    Rotel 1075 on audiogon... ~$750
                    Nice 120x5 amp. But is it on the "low" end as far as power?
                    Halo A52 again 125x5 for around $1300

Then the Monster amps... would you buy it for 60% off retail?
                    -Drew

Comment

• comeup
                      • Jul 2005

Drewbert the monster three channel weighs in at 92lbs
                      the Rotel RMB 1075 five channel weighs in at 37lbs? and the RMB 1095 200x5 weighs in at 75lbs the same as the Monsters two channel not saying because they weigh more they sound better but they are not cheaply made amps. My power cord on my monster is three times the size of my Rotels. I use my Monster to run 200 series kefs fronts and center and the Rotel to run the Kef rears.

Just finish watching antz sounded amazing.
                      Blake

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"