X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

9.1 Set Up in sight?

Any ideas or thoughts on when 9.1 formats will be out in hardware?
    The reason for asking is this:
    I run a 7.2 setup currently with my four rears B&W CDM SNT's.
    I came across a used set of SNT's (same colour as mine), in pristine condition and for a very good price.
    Is it worth my while picking them up, even if I put the in storage? Or are we still very far from 9.1.
    Thanks,
    George
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I also use a 7.2 setup. There was talk about a 10.1 Dolby Digital with the extra 3 channels designated for the ceiling. Certainly sounds interesting but I don't know if I'd bother. I am pretty happy with 7.2.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• spyboy
      • Jun 2005

Tomlinson Holman had been demonstrating a 10.2 system a few years ago. I might be making this up but I think I remember that there were speakers sort of below floor level.

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

How Many DVD's are in 7.1

I am wondering how my DVD's are out there are even coded in 7.1 None in my collection are. (I don't have a huge selection) but the best DVD that I have is DTS 6.1 Surround.

Moderators: If you need to make this a whole new thread let me know.
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

You are correct, Jim. Nothing beyond 6.1 on dvds. When I say my system is 7.2, what I really am saying is that I am using 3 speakers up front, two on the sidewalls and 2 on the back, plus 2 subwoofers, but I am not receiving anything beyond 6.1. The extra back speaker and extra subwoofer are just for added effect in my home theater. The new 10.1 set up is supposed to provide signals to all 10 channels plus the LFE.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"