X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeronautica86
    • Aug 2005

wtb 5 channel amp carver/adcom/parasound/etc

I'm in the market for a decent 5 channel amp - I've been looking for something along the lines of the carver av-705x, adcom gfa-7400, parasound hca-855a, and sony ta-n9000es. If you have one of these or something similar please shoot me an e-mail at aeronautica86@hotmail.com with details.

Thanks
  • mitch57
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by aeronautica86
    I'm in the market for a decent 5 channel amp - I've been looking for something along the lines of the carver av-705x, adcom gfa-7400, parasound hca-855a, and sony ta-n9000es. If you have one of these or something similar please shoot me an e-mail at aeronautica86@hotmail.com with details.

Thanks
    I'm not sure if you are asking for opinions on these amps or if you are asking if someone has one of these amps for sale.

If you want an opinion I can give you an opinion on both the Rotel RMB-1095 and Parasound Halo A51. I currently own the Halo A51 and previously owned the Rotel RMB-1095.
    Mitch
    :stupidpc:

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

mitch, i have the 1095 now. Is it worth the switch to the HALO? I was considering, in the future just using the 1095 as a whole-house audio amp lol. Seriously. I want some whole-house thunder. But, for HT how do you like the Halo gear?

Stew

Rotel 1068
      Rotel 1095
      Rel Stentor III sub
      B&W 803s
      B&W htm3s
      B&W ccm80 ceiling/surrounds
      Stew

Comment

• mitch57
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by stewfoo
        mitch, i have the 1095 now. Is it worth the switch to the HALO? I was considering, in the future just using the 1095 as a whole-house audio amp lol. Seriously. I want some whole-house thunder. But, for HT how do you like the Halo gear?

Stew

Rotel 1068
        Rotel 1095
        Rel Stentor III sub
        B&W 803s
        B&W htm3s
        B&W ccm80 ceiling/surrounds
        I personally thought the difference was substantial enough to warrant the upgrade. More detail... tighter bass... huge sound stage. It's an overall improvement all the way around as far as I'm concerned.

But then again these are only my opinions. But I can honestly say I am glad I made the switch.
        Mitch
        :stupidpc:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"