X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willng24
    • Aug 2005

TV Credenza. Any suggestions

hey all,

In the persuit for entertainment perfection I'm searching for the perfect storage space for all my components. I've searched online and found TV credenzas that could fit my needs, but they're asking for as much as $3k. I'm looking to place 4-6 components with a 50 inch dlp.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Booster
    • Jul 2005

TV credenza

Will,

I have a TT400 credenza by Diamond Case Designs (they're on the web) with 5 components and a 42" plasma. Excellent quality - a real piece of furniture. I recommend them highly.
    The Booster

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Could always build something...?
      Jason

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Encore makes a great DLP stand that will work. They have 50 inch DLP stands and 61inch DLP stands. It is solid furniture that is very well priced. Under a grand it is a sweet unit. Here is a picture at my house. Sorry the flash was turned off to keep from reflecting off the TV
        Attached Files
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Nice looking unit SNAP
          jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

We have one like that in the bedroom which we purchased from North Carolina Furniture Mart. I think what the OP is looking for though is a complete sealed unit though correct?

Snap,
            Those speakers look familar... add the spikes and go with the Sun Maple finish and that would them at my house

Either way, look at this website
            Racks and Stands.com
            I purchased a rack thru them and received it in 2 days. The "free shipping" I paid for got upgraded by the manufacturer to 2 day air Fedex for free. I can highly recommend them.

Comment

• Snap
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2005

Thanks Jimmy :T

Shane I tell you man you have great taste in Speakers. :T

Comment

• jimmyp58
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

You are welcome!
                jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• willng24
                  • Aug 2005

Thanks for the great advice. However, I'm looking to spend no more than $400 on a stand/credenza. I found a few online from a company called Bush. I think they can be seen at best buy and Circuit city. Any feedback on these units?

Snap - the setup looks great. Too bad i live in high rise and such a unit will be difficult to move through the hallways.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

Too bad i live in high rise and such a unit will be difficult to move through the hallways.
                    If it's like mine, It's got wheels on it. Fairly easy to manuever around. Bush is pretty low rent stuff really. I found an all oak unit at NC Furniture mart preassembled. Moving it was a breeze with 2 people.

Comment

• Snap
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2005

Shane is right. For less than 4 bills you are going to be real touch and go. Definatly not something that I am going to feel real safe about putting a 3K TV on and a rack of AV gear on.

Bush is mostly partical board, and presswood. One thing I found out is that more and more furniture stores are carrying DLP type stands. If the TV is like 50 inches and below there are lots to choose from. 58 inch tables, and 56 inch tables are common now days. Even the high end furniture stuff is doing it. We looked at Hooker, Ethan Alen, and Stanley. But.......in your price range check out Ashley. There lower end stuff is very nice and is a mix of hard wood and partical board. They sell the TV stand as a seperate piece. most around 4-5hundred bucks US.

Also Broyhill is making some cool stuff now days that is very reasonably priced. 4-5 hundred buck range for the TV stand.

And I can't resist.......Hooker Furniture Bring your visa cause it is going to cost you! Freeking SWEEEEET stuff though! Solid wood, and NICE! We looked at this piece when we were thinking Plasma.

Good Luck Bro! Furniture Shopping is harder than buying a new TV IMHO! :T

Comment

• gd
                        • Jan 2003

Ditch the furniture.

Buy bigger speakers.
                        greg (gd to you)
                        Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                        production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Try Jimmy at Next Level I believe he sells AV racks/stands
                          Jason

Comment

• willng24
                            • Aug 2005

Yeah i agree with the wood credenzas, I will probably look at the tempered glass and medal tv stands instead. However, only found one or two that allows me to fit 4 -5 components and a center channel. Anyone else having this issue. I can always mount the center channel on the wall above the tv.

Comment

• Snap
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2005

Bello, Sanus, Omni mount all are good AV stuff.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Apr 2001

Circuit City has quite a few like that. Take a look there. Also you should look around that link I posted for racks and stands. You'll have to assemble it but that's nothing.

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                                  • May 2003

Ikea

I'll state the obvious.
                                  I picked up one of these last week and its just about perfect.

Ikea
                                  "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                                  -Dark Helmet

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"