Comments/suggestions sought regarding contruction technique and general ramblings...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonathanb3478
    • May 2006

Comments/suggestions sought regarding contruction technique and general ramblings...

About a month ago, I went ahead with the purchase of a good $1.5K worth of tools and tool accessories, in the hope of constructing my dream speaker enclosures for a pair of well designed, large, full-range floor standing speakers. I am looking to build speakers that end up close to, but not to exceed, 200lbs each. I have a strong bias towards heavy (read: “insanely over built”) speakers.

The candidate I found to fill these dream enclosures, which best matches my intended goals, as well as my built-in prejudices (everyone likes ribbon tweeters, right?), was the Selah Audio Peridot kit. Actually, even now, I believe housing one of those kits is the best possible use a pair of my “dream enclosures” could be put to. I want to put that kit in my “V. 2.0” attempt, however, as I am sure to learn many useful lessons on my “V. 1.0” attempt.

A primary goal for “V. 1.0”, is to make a first attempt (read: prototype) that will sound excellent, even if it ends up looking hideously malformed. Another primary goal is to use components which can be purchased as needed, or as funds for this project become available. Now that I have finished the entire thread that contains these designs, I believe I have found the best design for my “V. 1.0” project, as it satisfies all my primary criteria, and enough of my personal biases.

I will be filling my initial go at my “dream enclosures” with (50lbs of lead shot, and) the Seas brand tweeter version of the TMWW tower designed by Dennis, and first mentioned in the post in my link, above. As it has a total BOM cost of ~$500 for the non-economy version, as listed in an attachment to post 261, it leaves me absolutely unable to say no to giving it a shot (in the dark?). I will be using the sealed alignment enclosure volume specifications. I have heard the excellent quality of the bass just the single 8” woofer found in the good sized sealed enclosure used for the Hales Design Group’s “Concept 2”. I was sold on the “Concept”, ever since. (Sorry, and sorry again… in advance).

My “Concept” (told you), involves the following:

1. As any optimized enclosure should, the tweeter alignment for the chosen design will be preserved vs both the baffle edges near it and the other drivers in each speaker. As a baffle of the specified width can be used, this is possible.

2. All enclosure and sub-enclosure volume specs will be adhered to.

3. Every driver will be raised, identically, by somewhere between 3” to 6” (still TBD), due to the height of the listening position in the room they will be used in.

4. A goal of good response to the mid 30Hz region, in the small room (12’X14’X8’) in which they will be used.

5. Enclosures made from a large stack of template-routed 3/4” MDF elliptical panels that feature flat faces (think roughly B&W 803S, for the basic shape). The exterior contour template was completed prior to discovering the thread with the design I will be using. Additionally, 28 of the needed panels for the finished stacks (AKA: speakers), have been routed to the intended outside contour over the last three days I worked on the project. Sufficient internal volume should be available to the selected design with the current size. For these reasons, no exterior dimension changes will be contemplated for the main body of the enclosure.

6. The different interior contour templates needed for the router have yet to be made, as the precise interior contour of the stack has not yet been determined. The interior will feature, however: 7 vertical runners that are 3” deep, and 3/4” wide, and run the entire height of the enclosure’s interior; At least 6 horizontal braces 3” deep, 3/4” tall, and running around the entire elliptical contour; 1.25” thick enclosure wall for the remainder of the elliptical contour; 7/8” thick front face.

7. The front baffle will be made of a 46.5” tall, 3/4” thick MDF panel, and will be affixed to the flat face of each stack after construction has been completed for both stacks.

8. Construction method was chosen, first, because I figured out how to route a template to make identically shaped elliptical MDF panels early on in my practice with my new tools. Second, because the 1/8” plywood locally available would not make a laminated enclosure wall of the sharpest radius curve I wanted (~3.25”, I believe) with out breaking. Third, because of my absolute lack of experience, I did not know any technique to fix the second point. And, finally, because I quickly fell in love with the level of control I had over the interior contours of the enclosure, when it is constructed in this fashion.

I am mostly hoping for some thoughts on my intended approach to the construction of these enclosures. General tips/tricks, or specific advice regarding the first intended occupants (found at my only link, way above here), would be very useful to me. I am hoping for some suggestions that have the potential to improve my “productivity” in routing all these panels (inside, as well as outside). Suggestions on blades for my decade old Craftsman 16” scroll saw would be especially useful, as the “high carbon steel”, 15-tpi ones I have for it, only last for about 10-15 panels worth of rough cut outside elliptical contours. Each panel is about 45 linear inches worth of cutting through 3/4” MDF.

I have no schedule for completing this project, as “it will be done when it is done” (to recall the excellent level of success enjoyed by John Romero with the PC game “Daikatanna” using this glorious philosophy), but that does not mean I want to waste a bunch of my time “reinventing the wheel” to create 138 precise, template-routed MDF panels as quickly as possible, either.

Thanks for making it all the way to the end. ;x(
    Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 20:03 Friday. Reason: Update htguide url
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
    -Vernon Sanders Law
  • dawaro
    • Feb 2005

this might be useful
    Curved Speakers
    Last edited by theSven; 01 October 2023, 20:31 Sunday. Reason: Update url
    I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts

Comment

• jonathanb3478
      • May 2006

Originally posted by dawaro
      this might be useful
      Curved Speakers

I would use inspirational, not useful. Just me. :E

Well.

Now I have a few new ideas. I knew that not "finalizing" the design of components (or portions of components) before they absolutely needed to be would have "some" bennefits. Over the last few days, I have come to realize just how many "some" is. I do not have as much "done" as I would other wise, but...

I have been able to encorporate numerous concepts and new components into this enclosure, with out any duplicated effort, as what is not yet needed has not been made/finished.

I believe I like working with ideas, instead of plans. Especially when the ideas keep rapidly improving.
      Last edited by theSven; 01 October 2023, 20:31 Sunday. Reason: Update quote
      Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

Nothing wrong with your idea. It's been done before in DIY as well as commercial designs, such as the megabuck TAD Model 1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final_Home_Photo26.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	944425

Image not available

Image not available
        Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 19:59 Friday. Reason: Update image location and remove broken image links

Comment

• moreants
          • May 2006

DIY curved speakers. Not a translam either but a method I developed.

Name:	sf3copy.jpg
Views:	1356
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	845693
          Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 19:52 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• jonathanb3478
            • May 2006

Update!

Wanted to get a CAD/CAM software package. I did not want to spend any money!

Searched "CAD design" on download.com, and found that Alibre Design Xpress was pretty well rated, was a good ~70MB (others were ~10MB or even less), and had a "free" license. Tried it.

After registering it (this opens up a few of the features, but is not actually necessary), I was told my license expired 365 days later. Unfortunately the cheapest full license version is ~$1000. Too bad. Live it up while I have the chance to, right? Thus:

My "Concept" in the flesh:

(the green thing is a rough approximation of a sterling silver dragon emblem I found on Amazon that will be going right about there for each speaker - 4 total)

Images not available

And to show off the labor intensive satin finish I put on the woodworking, and the high-gloss painted black edges of the topplate and front baffle, lol:

Image not available

The individual panels are all my initial design for vertical and horizontal reinforcement, as well as the initial spec for the hollow base to house the ~50lbs of buck-shot that will be there. The sub enclosure for the mid has not been worked out, yet.

Still, my main goal with the CAD/CAM was to see the shape of the finished product, and that was perfectly realized. There may or may not be additional small touches (like the 1/8" roundover that is there now on the top panel) that make it into the finished version (1.0 or 2.0), but the essentials are in the above images.

I am all about being inspired by the ideas of others, so I would welcome any suggestions for changes in the cosmetics that would improve the design (in your opinion).

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Whoops, no dimensions provided. The height is 51.75", the width for the main body is just about 13.6", the widest part of the base is about 17" across. From the front of the baffle to the back of the ellipse of the main body is ~19.25".

The front baffle is 42"X10.75" and is made of 3/4" MDF, like everything else. I did find conflicting info on the speaker cutout centers between the .gif I found, and the "enclosure details" .jpg for the sealed enclosure. The tweeter center here is 3.5" from the top of the baffle. Of course the tweeter is 3/4" off center, toward the listening position.

As I mentioned earlier, the target weight range per tower is 180-200lbs. I do now believe I could exceed that. We will see.

I will show off the wireframe views, once I have an interior layout I would actually want to use.
            Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 20:02 Friday. Reason: Remove broken image links
            -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Interesting design.

Trying to do a trans-lam design with a hand held router is going to be a nightmare. All the designs you've seen are done with a CNC machine.

There's no inherent benefit to having stacks of MDF plates over the ships spar method where thin MDF/ply 'bender board' is bent around and attached to shaped spars.

If you look at member Paul H's avatar you'll see he'd done this and it comes out looking quite good. I tried to find the thread where he built his project but I can't locate it. You might PM or email him for some photo's of his construction technique.
              Last edited by ThomasW; 07 June 2006, 13:39 Wednesday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
                Trying to do a trans-lam design with a hand held router is going to be a nightmare. All the designs you've seen are done with a CNC machine.
                Design looks nice.

I would have to have mental treatment if I had to make something like that using translamination. I had a hard enough time repeating four curved layers for my Martin Logan Logos stand. :banghead:
                Danish

Comment

• Paul H
                  • Feb 2004

A link to "my thread" with curved speakers is here:

People have been interested in building a ported (fullrange) version of the MTM that Tibor built a couple of years ago. For those that don't remember, Tibor's sealed design speaker, here's a pic. To date the 'best' ported version using the Hi-Vi drivers is Jon's M8a-T&A Just so people don't get confused, either

Paul
                  Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 19:52 Friday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• Martyn
                    • Feb 2006

I'm sold on the elegance of the translam method, although I'm not brave enough to try it on floor-standers as a first project. I do have plans to try it for a two-way design first, but not until the coming winter season.

I don't see any great problems with hand-routing (other than dust and boredom) as long as the templates are good and the router is up to the job. I do see it as much more flexible in terms of structural design than the skin-on-ribs alternative.

This is a very interesting project - good luck with it!

Martyn

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                      • May 2006

Interesting design.
                      I will take that as a complement, whether you intended it that way, or not.

I would not call the first 28 a nightmare for my DeWalt DW625 "3HP" router. The poor 10 year old 1/10th HP induction motored scroll saw goes through a high carbon steel, 15tpi blade with every 10-14 rough-cut-to-elliptical panels (~440-616 linear inches worth of cutting), however. Poor thing! That will be a lot of scroll saw blades used in this project, if I cannot get that to change. I will try 10-12tpi blades after the remaining ones I have get busted. Before the end of the first panel, each blade has lost its optimum sharpness, too. Higher quality blades, anyone?

Right now, I have a stack of 28 panels with very identical outside contours off my master template. Only 110 elliptical panels to go, for the first pair! Starting with 4'X8' sheets, 28 panels took me a few hours less than 3 full woodworking days, of about 5-8 hours each. I have 4 of those per week, when I am not out of money for materials. But, I also need to do the interior contours, for those that will not remain solid.

The way I figure it, inside and outside for all 138 elliptical panels will give me something to do on my copious days off, for 7 straight weeks. Well, 7 fully funded, continuous weeks, anyway. Factoring in the reality of the situation, I should be ready for glue-up of both stacks in 3-4 months. Say, October-ish? Just a guess, but a reasonable one. That is enough time to ensure that I can place enough ~$100 orders, as the money is available, to end up with all the needed components to go into the completed enclosures, around the same time they are completed.

There's no inherent benefit to having stacks of MDF plates over the ships spar method where thin MDF/ply 'bender board' is bent around and attached to shaped spars.
                      Except the wicked level of control I have over the inner contour and features in the internal volume of the cabinet. That, and my inordinate amount of free time (seriously), is what lead me to select this method.

Also, my first selection of a 1/8” plywood sheet (“luaun”, I believe), would not make the ~3” radius turns I needed for the first layer of the outer enclosure wall lamination, with out cracking. I had already made 4 identical template routed elliptical panels, for use in testing various aspects of the laminate-over-frame construction techniques I planned to use. I was comfortable with translam, since it was a technique I had proven to myself I could already do, on a small scale.

If you look at member Paul H's avatar you'll see he'd done this and it comes out looking quite good.
                      Actually, his avatar (saw it on AVSForum, first) is what inspired me to switch to a curved enclosure, from doing a "box" with non-parallel side panels. For my initial "box" idea, I wanted 3/4"-1" roundovers on the front baffles. Then the side panels would slope in as they went back, so the width of the rear panel was the same as the flat width of the front baffle in between the roundovers.

My absolute favorite is elliptical, however, and I decided to do it the way I really wanted.
                      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Martyn
                        This is a very interesting project - good luck with it!

Thanks!
                        -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                          • May 2006

Internal details are now available as images.

I will say that the way I have tried to show the detail with the images below, is the best way I could see to do it. The wireframe of all 66 components in this assembly was just incomprehensible. Wireframe views of smaller sets of panels were not a lot better.

As things turned out with this design itteration, the internal volume available to the woofers is [EDIT] 3.06 cu ft (86.66L) [OLD: 2.97 cu ft (84.1L)], based Alibre Design's calculations. By not using steel birdshot from the base and opening up that section to the woofers, I can add ~.3 cu ft to the woofer enclosure. I do not feel the cost/benefit is worth it there, however. WIN-ISD barely shows a difference at all when modeling those sizes on the same plot. The sub-enclosure has a final volume of [EDIT] .234 cu ft (6.64L) [OLD: ~.3 cu ft (8.5L)].

Let me know any ways you see to usefully improve bracing, with out compromising the woofers' access, by airflow, to the top volume of the enclosure. Also, let me know if you think that the airflow access to the top of the enclosure volume might be compromised, already!

Note: [DELETED: No longer planed]

The first image below is a view of the panel that the bottom of the sub-enclosure sits on. That panel, the one with the solid wedge shape in the middle, is the bottom "end-cap" of the sub-enclosure. It seals off the sub-enclosure from the bottom portion of the rest of the enclosure.

Please note the placement and shape of the "horizontal brace" panel in the image below, as well. This panel is the one that creates a thicker side wall of 3", vs a standard panel with a 1.25" sidewall, and is intended to horizontally brace the enclosure's outer wall. This "horizontal brace" panel is below the "sub-enclosure start" panel in this image (we are looking down on the speaker), but there is a single standard panel placed between those two. If the standard panel is not placed between the "horizontal brace" and "sub-enclosure start" panels, they conspire to restrict the airflow between them, and do not let the woofers take full advantage of the air volume above that point. I think that the 3/4" spacing, resulting from seperating them with a single panel, should allow sufficient air flow to the rest of the enclosure. And finally, the image:

Image not available

The following image is an outside overview of the sub-enclosure section. The elliptical outer edge of the bottom most panel of the sub-enclosure is highlighted in this image (13 panels=9.75" tall):

Image not available

The following image is an internal view of the sub-enclosure section, showing the extensive bracing placed on the "outside" of the sub-enclosure's walls:

Image not available

The following image is an internal-detail view of the top of the enclosure, as viewed from the top. The purple panel is the "sub-enclosure start" panel that is located at the top of the sub-enclosure, when the speakers are fully assembled.

This time, please note this view of the "horizontal brace" and "sub-enclosure start" panel interface from the side of the "horizontal brace". In the following image, you can very clearly see the "horizontal brace" panel. This one is seperated from a "sub-enclosure start" panel by a single standard panel here at the top of the sub-enclosure, as well (8 panels=6" tall):

Image not available

The following image is an internal view of the bottom (woofer) section, from below. This time, the purple panel is the "sub-enclosure start" panel at the bottom of the sub-enclosure, when the speakers are fully assembled (39 panels=29.25" tall):

Image not available

In all of the images in this post, I have hidden the 4 solid elliptical panels that make up the 1.5" thick top and bottom of each enclosure. I then hide the panels that make up the sub-enclosure, or all the rest of the panels, depending on what I am trying to show in the image. The large vertical baffle panel, is always visible.

This enclosure also has 4 base plate panels. The top two are hollow, and will be filled with ~50lbs of steel birdshot. The bottom two are solid panels, and will host six of the 1/2" carpet spikes I got from madisound on the end that sits on the floor. I cannot add the base plate panels to this assembly, as doing so would exceed the maximum allowed number of "unique parts" in the free version of this CAD software (10).

All suggestions/comments welcome!
                          Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 20:03 Friday. Reason: Update image location
                          -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                            • May 2006

I have decided to use the 28 shaped elliptical panels I have at the moment, to make a mockup of the sub-enclosure, the adjacent horizontal braces, and the base. It breaks down like this:

13 panels for sub-e
                            2 sub-e start/end panels
                            1 horizontal brace and 1 vertical brace panel at each end of the sub-e (4 more panels)
                            4 larger-sized panels will need to be constructed to use for the base

That leaves 9 of the original 28. They will be extras, in case I blow something, I guess.

This will also allow me to test my glue-up proceedure with the drill press, and test veneer a decent sized, elliptical panel.

Before I can do this, I need to make router templates for the internal contours of the various types of panels. Hmm... found a use for some of those extra panels, already!

I will also need more scroll saw blades :M
                            Last edited by jonathanb3478; 11 June 2006, 15:15 Sunday.
                            -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                              • May 2006

Edited post 13 to reflect internal design changes that give new enclosure, and sub-enclosure, volumes.

Like this new version MUCH better than the first one!
                              -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• TacoD
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2004

Wow looks labor intensive all those slices, make the slices from birch ply and you get additional strength. The orientation of the independ layers of the ply wood give the most strength when loaded in this horizontal plane.

See also the Magic loudspeakers:

Name:	strip_detail1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	944423

Also for simulating/ calculating the enclousure volumes you have to try Unibox. This is what a lot of guys use, it's more accurate than winisd.
                                Last edited by theSven; 07 July 2023, 19:53 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by TacoD
                                  Wow looks labor intensive all those slices, make the slices from birch ply and you get additional strength. The orientation of the independ layers of the ply wood give the most strength when loaded in this horizontal plane.
                                  Hmm... that is quite true. I will look into material cost to switch. I will be using around qty 14 4'X8' sheets in this project, so a little cost difference can quickly become prohibitive. If it is reasonalble, cost wise, I think I will do it.

Quick question for everyone...

Would a large (43" X 46") veneer panel cemented to this enclosure have problems with the expansion and contraction of the enclosure it was attached to, if the enclosure was made of birch ply?

I know that MDF is more dimensionally stable than plywood, that is why I initially selected it. Would the birch ply, in this instance, cause me any issues?

Originally posted by TacoD
                                  Also for simulating/ calculating the enclousure volumes you have to try Unibox. This is what a lot of guys use, it's more accurate than winisd.
                                  Googled that and found it. Wow, thanks!

I will play around with that.
                                  -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• ThomasW
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

I know that MDF is more dimensionally stable than plywood,
                                    Only if you live in the Sahara desert. If you live anywhere there's humidity MDF changes size daily with the humidity unless there's a sealer coat on it.
                                    Would the birch ply, in this instance, cause me any issues?
                                    13 layer BB ply is very stable, a very strong and unlike MDF which as very low inherent strength.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                      • May 2006

13 layer BB ply is very stable, a very strong and unlike MDF which as very low inherent strength.
                                      Hmm...

I rechecked my Excel file with my project details (including my BOM) and found that the 4'X8' sheets that would be affected by the change to birch ply are the qty 9 I am using to make the main body.

I also checked the Lowe's website for the cost of birch ply, and found that they want $40 for 3/4" 7-ply birch. This is vs ~$22 for a sheet of 3/4" MDF. They do not show, so I do not know, how much the price changes from the 7-ply they sell vs the 13-ply you are recommending. I am sure that what you are recommending is a much higher quality product than what they are selling, and will be priced accordingly. I am thinking it could easily double the cost. I do not believe I could tolerate much more than about a 50% increase, since I need 9 of them. That would be a $340 increase, over MDF at about $200, already.

Well, I haven't been able to rule the birch suggestion in, but I just can't rule it out yet, either. Think I need to make some phone calls to some local, "real" wood suppliers.
                                      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                        • May 2006

Found a couple sources online for 60"X60"X3/4" Baltic Birch sheets for <$40 each. Just need to find this locally, and I am set. Because of decreased waste with the 5'X5' sheets, I only need 11 of them. This really might work.

Also, someone pointed me in the direction of active crossovers for my project. I found the Behringer DCX2496 for ~$250. I should have an extra 5-channel amp with 60w @ 8ohm, or 90w @ 4ohm, per channel. I would just need another pair of amp channels. I found the Amp5 at www.41hz.com, as a potential solution to that. Or I could borrow my stereo amp from another system. It is also 60w @ 8ohm, but only 75w @ 4ohm.

I also found some excel files that would help with determining slope, filter type, and frequency. I could start playing around for just the cost of the DCX2496. Sounds like fun. I have no measuring equipment, though. Were the frequency response graphs and single driver response graphs in the TMWW thread enough to go by to replicate them with the active xover with out measuring equipment?

General thoughts on this possibility?
                                        Last edited by jonathanb3478; 16 June 2006, 21:11 Friday.
                                        -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                          • May 2006

Just bought enough suede split style leather to cover the "baffle" of the mockup I will be building. Also got a small amount of contact cement intended for use in attaching leather to wood (and other things).

I have a 4'X28" piece of overstock qtr white oak 10-mil paperbacked veneer ordered from Tapeease.com. It was the only overstock piece they had that was at least 43" wide on the crossgrain dimension.

I have a set of forstner bits with bits of every 1/8" size from .25" to 2.125", a 3/8" roundover router bit, and qty 500 .25" X 1.5" long wooden dowel pins on their way from Amazon vendors.

I now lack nothing to get this mockup of my enclosure built, as far as I know. Will be starting on Saturday by constructing the templates I need for the routing of the internal features of the panels.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Everything to be shipped, now has a shipping confirmation. Should have everything in the next few days!
                                          Last edited by jonathanb3478; 16 June 2006, 21:14 Friday.
                                          -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                            • May 2006

I used my $160, 3/4 HP, 13", floorstanding drill press for the first time. For the fun of it, I made a video with my digital camera of the experience. If anyone here is bored enough, feel free to take a look.

File size is ~6.5MB:

Last edited by jonathanb3478; 16 June 2006, 21:12 Friday.
                                            -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• jonathanb3478
                                              • May 2006

I believe I am going to construct a 4" flared precision port base for this enclosure size, and do actual listening tests to see the difference between ported/sealed in my room. The intended tuning frequency with the 4" port will be 28Hz.

This will not allow me to use the steel birdshot in the base, but I can live without that if I perfer the sound of the bottom ported enclosure base.

The intended design would be the port exiting the 1.5" thick bottom of the enclosure, and a 3/4" MDF plate attached to that enclosure bottom with 2.25" risers. The risers would likey be angled out at 30-deg like the original base design, and the base plate will be dimensioned to meet the outer edges of the risers.

I will not permenantly attach one or the other, until I have listened to both, and made my choice. 'Prolly just hold them together with some dowel pins and no adhesive. Pound in, pull apart.

Should not be too hard. Thoughts, opinions, or comments?
                                              -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"