Software with output below 20Hz that justify the C1/C2 dedicated "room shaker" output

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nba
    • Apr 2005

Software with output below 20Hz that justify the C1/C2 dedicated "room shaker" output

Those of you that use the dedicated tactile transducer output from the C1/C2, could you please comment on this.

Are there many DVDs with output below 20HZ?

How "common" is to come across such tactile effects other than some T-Rex rumbles.

Niko
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

U-571, Gladiator, Terminator 2 and 3, Matrix 1, 2, and 3, The Incredibles, Appleseed, Monsters Inc., Black Hawk Down, the list goes on...

Comment

• Kingdaddy
      • Jan 2004

Once I got a Tactile Transducer that would go low enough, I found a lot shakin goin on below 20Hz. With my old Aura's, I had to set another programmable channel to 40Hz to get any good use out of them.
      My Center Channel Project

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kingdaddy
        Once I got a Tactile Transducer that would go low enough
        What Transducer did you end up with?

Peter

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
          What Transducer did you end up with?

Peter
          Clark Synthesis Gold, Fs of 5Hz

Comment

• bhuskins
            • Aug 2003

Clark's the best...makes Buttkicker look like a toy.

Brent Huskins
            Media Design
            HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• Kingdaddy
              • Jan 2004

Glad you finally changed your avatar Brent; I was beginning to wonder what was up with you and Peter’s ‘brother from another mother” twin avatars.

Comment

• bhuskins
                • Aug 2003

My current avatar happens to be a painting that I have in my office.

I should talk Peter into using my "Ali G" Peter avatar permanently.

Brent Huskins
                Media Design
                HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bhuskins
                  Clark's the best...makes Buttkicker look like a toy.
                  Mmmmm... I like the specs of the Clark Platinum... 5Hz!!! I will keep this in mind. I wonder if one Platinum per seat is overkill... :B

Peter

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kingdaddy
                    Clark Synthesis Gold, Fs of 5Hz
                    Are you sure about that frequency range? The specs I found claim Gold is 10Hz and Platinum is 5Hz...

Peter

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bhuskins
                      I should talk Peter into using my "Ali G" Peter avatar
                      Heh... I see that obviously I missed out on something here... I never heard of Ali G or the "Ali G Show" before... I should probably get acquainted with that first :B :T

Peter

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                        • Jan 2004

My memory could be failing me, but I thought the Gold and Platinum were the same as the Buttkicker when I originally researched this topic.

I really was beginning to think you and Brent were twins.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Well, this thread being moved out of the Parasound forum completely negates being able to talk about Parasound-specific settings and utilizing the Room Shaker output vs. programmable output, JUST like the title of the thread says. (grumble)

Perhaps we should restart this thread in the Parasound Club and leave out the word "software" in the title. Maybe that will appease whoever moved the thread.
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• ajpoe
                            • Jul 2004

The Gold shakes to 10 hz and the Platinum to 5 hz with the Silver coming in at 15 hz.

I have a Clark Gold installed in my couch but have quit using it since I finished my 2 avalanche 15s. They shake the heck out of the couch and it's a more natural feeling... with that being said, the TST was playing 80 Hz and under with my old subs. I also didn't take the time to really configure the TST properly with the new subs so I've left it off. I am very insterested in what you guys have said about only letting 20 hz and under get to the TST. What type of crossover are you using or is this something built into the Parasound preamps?

Edit: I am using an AudioSource 5.3 which indicates the frequency response is 20 Hz - 20 KHz +/- 1 dB. I'm wondering how fast the rolloff under 20 Hz is for this amp...
                            Last edited by ajpoe; 26 September 2005, 14:34 Monday.
                            AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Cool... I need to reply to this thread, as I've got great info, but don't have the time right now. Stand by for news.

(and since it's been yanked out of Club Parasound, I can't put in Parasound specific information in this thread... perhaps we'll start a new thread about this again in the Club)
                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"