X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warnerwh
    • Jan 2006

What do you use to measure below 20hz?

It dawned on me nothing I have will measure below 20hz. I have a DEQ 2496 and a Rives cd but I don't think they go lower than 20hz.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Room EQ Wizard will measure down to 10Hz.

Note: see post #7 for a link to download the newest version of Room EQ Wizard

If you don't want to join a forum to get a copy you can instead download it here http://www.f-forge.com/?d=9hD0Mi4VByYRza3udlg6

It requires the Java Runtime Program, you can download that here. Install this before installing Room EQ Wizard http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

TrueRTA will measure to 10Hz
    TrueRTA real time audio spectrum analyzer for PC's running Windows.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 23 January 2007, 13:41 Tuesday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

Thank you!

Comment

• capslock
        • Dec 2004

The question should rather be, what microphone measures reliably down to 10 Hz. A defined small leak is need to accomodate changes in barometric pressure, but if it is too big, a LF response drop will result.

Having looked at Electret caspules from Panasonic and other manufactures, I wonder how defined the leaky seal is.

Comment

• capslock
          • Dec 2004

But why would you want to measure 10 Hz anyway? The only application I can think of would be microphonic feedback, where you need a sensor cutoff below the passband to avoid phase issues.

Comment

• Xmax BR
            • Jun 2006

Dears,

REW Version 4.0 Now Available for Download...

Tks,

Renato

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

One can directly download the zippped version of REW 4.0 Gold here
              http://www.f-forge.com?d=zVGa5u4cSHlL8jQAxWbD

And one can directly download the exe file version here
              http://www.f-forge.com?d=Ao5ycn03buSqpxQ9vDae

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cjd
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Dec 2004

10Hz measurement is useful when trying to make sure you have accurate response that low.

I have recordings done on an organ with a 64' (8Hz) pedal.

C
                diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• JonP
                  • Apr 2006

Hmmm... the first link for the zip file has gone extinct.. the second works but you need a password to start the download.

The earlier version worked (a few days ago)

Comment

• TacoD
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by capslock
                    The question should rather be, what microphone measures reliably down to 10 Hz. A defined small leak is need to accomodate changes in barometric pressure, but if it is too big, a LF response drop will result.

Having looked at Electret caspules from Panasonic and other manufactures, I wonder how defined the leaky seal is.
                    Indeed, I think the mic will be highly unreliable, also the amount of datapoints in the <20 Hz region will be small for the typical acquisition soft/hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"